-The Story Behind Mikasa and Coal-

~<Coal's P.O.V>~

I showed the group over to the bed rooms, Crimson was caring Mikasa and set her down onto the bed. I could tell that Crimson cared dearly for his friends, I'm so glad that Mikasa found a group of people to take care of her. We were all quiet for a moment, everyone was waiting for me to talk.

"So Mikasa and I first meet when we were pulled into the war. We both were pulled into lab 4 where we were experimented on." There was a lot of pain in my voice, Lily came over and gave me a hug.

"Aww babe." Lily said with sympathy in her voice. I started to explain it from the beginning.

~One and a half years ago~

~<Coal's P.O.V>~

I was sitting in the lunch room in a corner on my own pushing around my food from one side of the plate to the other. A new kid was supposed to come today, but I don't know when. I started to her screaming in the distance.

"NO!!! STOP LEAVE ME ALOWN! LET ME JUST GO HOME!!!!!" A girl with long red hair was dragged into the room. She was kicking and screaming at the scientist trying to pull her into the room.

"Where is the tranquilizer gun?" One of the scientist called out.

"Got it, I'm coming." They came at her with the tranquilizer. "Hold her down!" He ordered. They pushed her head down to the ground and pined her hands up behind her back. She made eye contact with me and we stared at each other for a second. The world seemed to slow down and the tranquilizer was jabbed into her neck. Her eyes started to flutter shut and her body went lim. She melted down onto the ground like silly putty.

"All of you go back to you rooms immediately!" The one scientist said. Everyone scampered to their rooms.

I headed into my room, it was a blank walled room there is one bed in the corner of the room and a white dresser in the other corner. One of the walls is a one way mirror so they can watch me during the test. The speaker on the celling went off. It was time for my afternoon test.

"Test subject fore, stand in the middle of you room. We will be changing the room to battle field mode." It said. I knew I would end up fighting but I hate fighting. The room changed, all of the furniture was removed out of the room. A girl with red hair was brought into my room and the door was locked behind her. A scientist was standing in the room in front of the door to make sure we did not leave.

"You two will fight agents each other, Coal if you can beat her in 5 minutes you will get food tonight, but if you don't win you do not get feed. Same goes for you red." He looked at the red head, she did not move. Tears started to fall and hit the ground.

"I can't do this." She said still looking at the ground.

"Do you want to eat, or wait another two days till you can eat?" He asked her.

"I want to eat." She said.

"Test eight, attempting the special move control." He paused for a second. "CONTROL!!!" he shouted. It looked like the girl was in pain she started to run at me but was trying to stop herself. Tears were streaming down her face, she fell down onto one knee.

"P-please don't make me do this." She struggled to get the words out. Her voice was full of pain and sadness. "Please don't make me kill anyone else!" She looked up at the celling and flung her hands out. The microphone went off.

"Doctor, she seems to be too unstable we should not push her on any further. Give her the day off and we can start experiment tomorrow." The doctor stopped and looked over at the red head. He walked towards her and knelled down so he was eye level to her.