Chapter One: A New Beginning

They stood motionless. It shattered, the Mirror of Twilight shattered. The Twilight was gone, but Midna was gone with it. What now?

"Princess?"

Zelda snaped back to reality, she lifted her head to see the Hero of Twilight looking at her with worry in his eyes.

"Yes?" Zelda finally awnsered.

"Oh I was just thinking," Link started, "That we should be getting you home, Princess."

Zelda smiled at him, "I guess we should, but please, call me Zelda."

"As you wish."

Link led her out of the Mirror Chamber. The trek through Arbiters Grounds was pretty easy until they made their way into a large room full of statues and broken pillars and structures. The only way to the other side of the structure was to use a spinner.

Link pulled out his spinner, "Um, you might want to hold on tight."

Zelda cautiously stepped beside Link on the spinner and held onto his neck, not daring to look down at the gap between the spinner and the ground. She yelped the first time they had to jump to the other side of the structure to dodge a spiky spinner.

When they finally made it to the other side Zelda let out a breath of relief, and looked at Link in awe, "Don't tell me you do that all the time?!"

"I did," Link smiled.

"Link?" Zelda started, "Is it okay to call you that?"

Link smiled and nodded, "As you wish."

"I just wanted to thank you...for everything. If there's anything I could do for you, just tell me. It's the least I could do."

"I'd like to work at the castle," Link explained, "If that's fine with you. In books I've read it makes castles sound interesting. I've always wanted to be a knight, anyways."

Zelda was stunned. He just saved me, the Twilight, and Hyrule! Why does he still want to stay where I am, he could just be done with me?!, Zelda thought.

Finally she managed to awnser Link, "Of course, I suppose I could find you some work."

"Thank you, Zelda."

They started to walk down the steep, slanted ground to the next level of the ginormous area.

Link's eyes narrowed when he spotted two pile of bones, "Stay right here and don't move."

Zelda had no idea what he ment by that, so she just watched him run up to the heap of bones. Soon Zelda felt a series of shivers up her spine, and the bone piles formed two skeletons armed with clubs and shields.

Zelda screamed. Link pulled out his sword and started to put an end to the undead monsters, until the bones crumbled under the force of the Master Sword. Link took his bomb arrows and shot the piles of bones. He turned back to look at Zelda who was back where he left her...he smiled.

He jogged up to her and they continued to make their way out of Arbiters Grounds.
____________________________________________________________________

Link and Zelda stepped out into the cool night air, it took two hours to get out of the Grounds, and it felt good to get out.

Link took Zelda's hand and walked her down the stairs. Zelda, again, was suprised and blushing like mad. The hike through the desert was exhausting and not enjoyable at all. Probably because of the fact little monsters would pop out of the sand and try to tear her to shreds. But with Link's protection and skill, they just scared the living daylights out of her.

During the entire trek Link and Zelda got to know each other a little more, talking about their childhoods, and hobbies.

"Link," Zelda said, "Why do you always awnser to my requests saying 'as you wish'?"

Link smirked at her, "I'm pretty sure you'll figure out sooner or later."

They got to the end of the Guredo Desert.

"So how should we get out?", Zelda questioned.

Link kept a tight grip on her hand, "I guess we get to walk some more."
____________________________________________________________________

A weary Link and Zelda collapsed on the soft grass near Lake Hylia.

Link got up on his elbows and laughed, "Well, that was a great experience!"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna take a nap", is what Zelda tried to say through mouthfuls of grass. She turned to lay on her back and spit out her mouthful of grass and laughed till her sides were sore, with Link laughing along with her.

"I guess you're not really lady like when you're tired?" Link laughed.

"Yeah I'm not," Zelda confessed.

Soon the two finally drifted off into a peaceful sleep.