Chapter Ten: The Duel

Cotom snapped back to reality when the man in black lifted himself up on top of the cliffs. Like Cotom said, he waited for the man in black to rest before they'd fight.

He took a closer look at him. He wore all black, along with a black cape, hood, and mask. The man in black had a variety of weapons. A sword that gave off a aura of light, boomerang, bow and arrow, a claw shot, a shield, and a bomb bag.

"We're just going to fight with our swords, right?" Cotom asked.

The mysterious man chuckled, "I guess that would make it fair."

"You know, I really don't want to kill you."

"I don't intend to kill you," the man replied.

Now Cotom felt remorse, "Now I really don't want to kill you."

"Why are you going to kill me anyways?"

"I'll get a silver rupee," Cotom said.

"I went on a quest a long time ago," the man in black started, "And I found a bunch of rupees."

"How?"

"Oh you know, the regular. Cuting grass and breaking pots. You know the usual. I would find bugs and giving them to a little girl who would pay me money."

"That's odd."

"Money is money", The man in black said as he stood up and took out his sword, Cotom did the same. And they began.

At first Cotom thought the man in black was a push over, but he began to make a comeback. Cotom was panting, this guy was good!

In a flash the man in black brought Cotom to his knees, he prepared himself for death. I didn't come.

The man in black clubbed him in the head with the handle of his sword, "Sorry about that."

Cotom laid unconscious on the soft grass, the man in black left him there and started to go after the Goron and the ring leader.

"Hang in there, Zelda," The man in black thought out loud, and took off running.