Chapter Seven: Lake Hylia

Zelda woke up to the sound of lapping waters, and the rocking of a boat. She slowly opened her eyes to find herself on the floor of a big boat, lit with a lantern.

There was a Shiekah sitting by the edge of boat, while a Goron sat on the floor playing with a couple of pebbles.

Zelda quickly closed her eyes when she heard footsteps nearing towards her.

"I know you're awake, Princess," The voice belonged to the man who claimed his name was Ghirahim.

Zelda sat up and looked up at him and glared at him, "Why did you take me?"

"Did I tell you I work for the King of Evil," Ghirahim asked.

Zelda thought for a moment, "You mean Ganondorf?"

"Yes, Princess," Ghirahim awnsered. "Now, he had sent me on a... well I guess you could call it a task. The task was to find you and put an end to you. We are planning to lure Dark Link to us so we can destroy him too, so of course if you are his bride to be, he'd probably try to find you."

Zelda rolled her eyes, "Not like I wanted to be betrothed to him. And about your master, I saw... Link," It pained her to even say his name, "He put an end to Ganondorf."

"You're right," Ghirahim said, "The Hero did put an end to him, but not for long. And after that Ganondorf has been plotting to take back the Light World."

"Take back?!" Now Zelda was really agitated. "Excuse me but Hyrule isn't his to take! And does he have any other hobbies than planning to conquer my kingdom?!"

Ghirahim was taken back from her sudden outburst. He tried not to raise his voice, "He has other hobbies, I think... Back to the subject. We're going to end you, so enjoy your finally hours."

"Hey, Ghirahim," the Shiekah yelled over. "I think someone's following us."

Ghirahim stormed over to the side of the boat, to the Sheikah, "What?! Inconceivable!"

Sure enough there was a small black boat with black sails was sailing towards them. "Maybe it's a fisherman," Ghirahim suggested.

"Who would go fishing at midnight?!", Cotom asked.

Ralo stood up and walked towards Ghirahim and Cotom, "I know I'm not the smartest, but I'm pretty sure no one would try to do something like that. I agree with Cotom."

They all paused. Then there was a loud splash of water. The three rushed over to the other side of the boat to find Zelda swimming in the black water, away from the boat.

Ghirahim looked at Cotom and bellowed, "What are you waiting for?! Get her!!"

"I can't swim," Cotom shook his head.

Then Ghirahim looked over to Ralo who said, "I'm a rock."

Ghirahim growled, "Do I have to do everything myself?! Princess, get back here and maybe we won't kill you!"

"How am I supposed to believe that?!" Zelda gurgled over the water.

Ghirahim continued shouting, "There's electric squids!"

That's when the squids decided to show themselves. Zelda remembered Link told her, long ago about the squids he fought in the Water Temple...she always thought he was joking. Clearly he wasn't.

She started treading on water, trying to keep herself afloat and calm, despite the fact carnivorous, electric, giant squids were about five feet away from her.

May be if she closed her eyes everything will just go away, all of it would be a dream...wrong. Zelda felt hopeless.

That's when a squid started to charge towards her, but then she was pulled out of the water. Zelda wasn't aware that the boat had slowly sailed towards her, and in a flash Ralo pulled her out of the chilling water.

Now she was back where she started, on the floor of the boat. Cotom quickly grabbed a thin blanket and wrapped it around Zelda.

"What do you think you were doing?!" Ghirahim scolded her.

Zelda stubbornly stared at the floor, "It was worth a try."

Ralo looked back at the smaller boat that was trailing behind them, "What should we do about the boat following us?"

"Well, we try to lose him," Ghirahim said coldly.
____________________________________________________________________

Ghirahim, Cotom, Zelda, and Ralo finally made it to the shore of Lake Hylia. They hiked across the hills to the cliff that separates Lake Hylia and there destination, Guredo Desert.

But they were still being followed...by a man in black.

He was the one who followed them in the boat, and still pursued the three "criminals", and the Princess. Cleary he was not going to give up, Ghirahim knew this.

Ghirahim, Cotom, Zelda, and Ralo stood at the bottom of the cliffs. "Are we going to climb it?" Ralo asked.

"Well, duh," Ghirahim signaled Cotom and Ralo to get ready to climb.

Cotom tied Zelda's arms around Ralo's neck, then tied himself and Ghirahim to Ralo's waist. Soon enough they started the dangerous climb.