Chapter Fourteen: Faron Woods

Dark Link raced towards the direction of Faron Woods. If his hunch was right, who ever kidnapped Zelda would go there. He found a dead body of one of his enemies...Ghirahim. They had been enemies for many years, probably because Dark Link wanted Hyrule for himself, while Ganondorf wanted it as much as him.

The person who outsmarted Ghirahim took Zelda, changed direction to Faron Woods, instead of continuing to the Gerudo Desert. Dark Link assumed this, due to the direction of footprints.

Now he was almost to Faron Woods. Just ahead he spotted familiar chestnut hair, definitely belonging to Zelda. She pushed someone dressed in black down a slope into Faron Woods. Then she tumbled down the hill after him.

Dark Link kicked his horse harder, and pursued the man in black and Zelda.
____________________________________________________________________

Zelda sat herself up to look at Link, "Link?! I'm so sorry, I thought--"

Link sat up and pulled Zelda into a bear hug, "You have no clue how much I missed you, Zelda."

"I missed you more," Zelda's eyes started to fill with tears. After what seemed an eternity, she lived thinking Link was dead. She never dreamed of them meeting again in that lifetime.

Link kissed her on the cheek and brushed away her tears, "Everything will be okay, Zel. You're with me now."

Their reunion was cut short when they heard the pounding of horse hoofs above them. Dark Link's crimson eyes glared down at them.

Hastily, Link helped Zelda up and started to run into Faron Woods.

"Link!" Zelda called, "It's not safe in there!"

"Not any safer out here!"

They raced into Faron Woods.
____________________________________________________________________

Ever since Dark Link took power, hoards of monsters flooded into Faron Woods making them much more dangerous as before. Although, Zelda wasn't as afraid as she should of been, she had her Hero with her. Her Link.

The Hero of Twilight led her through the forest with the light of his lantern. "So", Link started, "How's being betrothed to my shadow or dark side? Whatever you want to call him."

"Terrible," Zelda replied, "You know we're going to liberate Hyrule, right Link?"

He nodded, "Although I had to save you first. It basically "killed" me when I heard Dark Link took over Hyrule. I had no idea what was going to become of you. Then I got word he was forcing you to marry him, and I knew for sure I had to do something about that. I heard of three people that had plans to kidnap you, so of course I had to soil their plans."

"What have you been doing before that," Zelda walked beside Link hand in hand.

He sighed, "I have a lot of explaining to do, right?"

"We have a winner," Zelda laughed.

"Well," Link continued, "I still traveled and explored Hyrule. But I did encounter a ship of Bulbins. I guess they were trying to play "pirate". Of course I got away, but the word got out that the Hero of Twilight was dead. So...tell me what you've been up to."

Zelda thought for a moment. "Well I basically died when I heard you were supposedly dead. I tried to get over it, but it was hard. I took an oath that I'd never love again. When Dark Link took over and forced me to accept him as my fiance, the monsters ran rampant again. While I had to stay in my castle, with Dark Link trying to earn my trust and my love. That's what I've been dealing with all this time."

"Wow," Link claimed, "That must be annoying."

"Believe me, it was."

Link took off his hood, and cape, to reveal his iconic green tunic. Replacing his black hat with his green hat. "This better?"

"Much," Zelda agreed.
____________________________________________________________________

Link and Zelda were half way through Faron Woods, just passing the ruins of the temple of time. They had spent the whole afternoon making their way through the dense vegetation, avoiding the monsters as best as they could. The silvery moon hung low in the sky, resting in the branches of the tall trees.

"Link, was it true what you said before? You know, about those puppets controlled by that little wooden kid," Zelda questioned.

Link smiled, "You mean Skull Kid? I wouldn't worry about him he's pretty tamed now--"

Link spoke to soon. A gang of puppets fell down from the trees, in the distance a trumpet blared.

"I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR YOUR GAMES!!", Link bellowed and charged at them. On the other hand, Zelda stood shaking her head, "Of course."

Skull Kid appeared behind Zelda and blew his horn, making Zelda jump. She turned around to see a strange child dancing and blowing his horn. Quickly, Link came to Zelda's aid and slashed an arc in the army of puppets that appeared behind Skull Kid.

In a matter of time, they cornered Skull Kid. "Are you done?" Link scolded.

Skull Kid panted, "Yeah, thanks for playing with me. I just wanted to greet your girlfriend with a suprise party, later!"

With that he disappeared into the bushes.

"Sorry about that," Link rubbed the back of his neck.

Zelda started walking again, "That's okay, but we have more important things than apologies. Let's get going."
____________________________________________________________________

At dawn they made it out of the woods, it was a cloudy day as usual. When Dark Link arrived, he brought the clouds with him.

But now it was time to bring back the light.