Chapter Seventeen: The "Death" of the Hero

Zelda stood in the darkness, she couldn't see anything. Familiar cackling boomed across the darkness. From the start Zelda remembered who it belonged to. Ganondorf.

She tried to run, but her legs acted as if they turn into led. A wave of tiredness washed over her, out of exhaustion she fell to the floor.

Now Ganondorf towered over her, "You, alongwith Hyrule will fall. With that Hero out of my way, it will easy to take Hyrule for my own!"

"Link's still alive, it wouldn't be that easy", Zelda stuttered.

"Not for long, Princess. He's dying at the moment, if you didn't already find out", Ganondorf laughed.

"You're lying!", Zelda screamed.

"I am many things. But for one, I'm not a lair. Now, I think it's about time for you to wake up", Ganondorf snapped his fingers.

Zelda sat up in her bed, panting. After she finally convinced herself that it was just a dream, someone started to pound on her door. "My Master wants your attendance!"

"In a minute," Zelda croaked.

She quickly get dressed in her royal gown. After a few minutes a dark beast let her out of her room. Zelda made her way down the flights of stairs, and eventually in the throne room.

Dark Link smiled when he saw her. He was seated on the throne that was rightfully Zelda's. "And how are you doing this glorious morning, my love?"

Zelda held back an insult and finally replied, "I'm doing fine. What do you need?"

"Nothing really," He said. "I just thought you needed to get out of your room. But I've decided that you don't need to be locked up. So you're free to go anywhere in the Castle as you please. Just not the dungeon, it's nasty down there."

Zelda rolled her eyes and sighed. It's happening again, she thought. The only reason why Dark Link was being so nice was, he was trying to make her like him.

"That's not going to work," Zelda crossed her arms. "Just stop trying to make me warm up to you, it's sad."

"Aren't you salty today," Dark Link laughed. "Oh yeah, our wedding is in two weeks."

Zelda remembered her nightmare. Ganondorf claimed Link was dying, time to test his honesty. "What did you do with Link, you didn't go back on your word? Or did you?" Zelda inquired.

"He's alive and well", Dark Link replied.

"Do you think I'm stupid," Zelda demanded, "I know when someone's lying, one of the perks with the Triforce of Wisdom. What did you do to him?!"

Dark Link glared at her, "I think it's time for you to go back to your room."

"You tell me that as if I'm a child," Zelda growled.

Dark Link grabbed her arm and stormed out if the throne room. Before he pushed Zelda into her room he whispered to her, "Link is no more. His fate and yours are written in stone. He's dead, and you will marry me. Try to deny me and you may have the same fate as your beloved Link."

He slammed the door behind her and hurried into the dungeon, where Link was held. Dark Link walked up the Link, who was still in chains. "You love her? The most punishing torcher would be demolishing your love for Zelda. That's exactly what I intend.", Dark Link scowled at Link, who glared back.

"Whats that supposed to mean?!" Link growled.

"You'll see," Dark Link claimed, "Vaati! Let's carry out our plan!"

Vaati walked into the room, "It's not wise to--"

Dark Link cut him off, "Just do it!"

Vaati nodded and walked up to Link. He formed another orb of dark magic, but much bigger and stronger. He threw it.

Link started to roar in pain, so loud you could hear it even from Castle Town. But his scream of agony turned into a scream of outrage. Link's skin started to go pale, and his eyes became white. Strange markings marked his face, his tunic turned into armor, with a pale blue tunic underneath.

Dark Link smiled, "The death of a "hero", and the return of the Fierce Diety."