Chapter Eight: Pursuit

The man in black looked up at the giant Goron climbing up the cliffs with three people clinging on to him, including the Princess. The Goron was a good climber, but this particular man knew he could out climb him. The man in black smirked, and started his pursuit.
____________________________________________________________________

"Where is she?!" Dark Link yelled in frustration. How could his only chance of becoming king slip out of his grasp? He knew one thing for sure...he needed to track down Zelda.

Vaati put a hand on Dark Link's shoulder trying to calm him, "I don't think she escaped by herself. Either someone helped her escape, or she was kidnapped. But you basically rule Hyrule, why would you still need the Princess?"

Dark Link looked up at the Count and growled, "The people of Hyrule may revolt if I don't have Zelda. They would see me as not as big as a threat."

"You will eventually find her," Vaati reassured. "I'll help you if you need it."

"I don't need help," Dark Link scowled. "I'll find her myself."

With that Dark Link vaporized into the shadows.
____________________________________________________________________

Ghirahim looked down to see a man in black climbing up after him.

"Arggh! Ralo, climb faster!" Ghirahim roared.

"I thought I was," Ralo gulped

"Well, you'll have to go faster!"

Now the group was 3/4 up the cliffs, with the man in black gaining five yards bellow them, getting dangerously close. Finally Ralo pulled himself up on the top of the cliffs. Ghirahim and Cotom untied themselves, and Cotom did the same for Zelda.

Ghirahim looked down to see the man in black was ten feet away from reaching the top. He beckoned Ralo over.

"Push some boulders over the edge."

"But," Ralo protested, "That's unsportsmanlike. He's still climbing."

"DO IT!!" Ghirahim thundered.

Ralo hung his head and rolled a boulder to the edge of the cliff. He let it go. The boulder crashed down the cliffs, the man in black lost his balance, but he still remained.

"How?!" Ghirahim fumed. He turned to Cotom and Ralo, "Cotom, stay here and when he gets up here, kill him. Then come find us. Ralo, we'll take the Princess and continue on foot. We'll have to go around the Desert."

Ralo threw Zelda over his shoulder, and started to leave with Ghirahim. He looked back at Cotom, "Farewell."

Cotom smiled, "Farewell, friend."

Ralo and Ghirahim disappeared from sight.
____________________________________________________________________

Cotom looked over the edge of the cliff, "Hello!"

The man in black looked up at him, "Please don't bother me right now, I'm kind of busy."

"Alright, you know I'm just waiting up here to kill you."

The man in black started climbing again, "That's "wonderful" to know."

Cotom called back, "I'll let you rest before I fight you, I give you my word."

"If you say so."