Chapter Sixteen: First Experiment

Cotom sat in front of his dilapidated house. After the failed attempt of killing the Princess, he had no clue what to do with his life. He spent a good portion of his life trying to find the Sorcerer of the Winds and avenger his beloved father. The other half was of his life was trying to get by.

Of course he didn't agree with trying to assassinate the Princess, which he was glad he was out of that terrible ordeal. But, what he wanted right now was to find that man in black. Only he could make Cotom into a better swordsman.

He felt someone lightly tapping in his head, he looked up to see an extremely large Goron towering over him. "Hey", Cotom said with suprise, "Ralo, you remembered I lived in the Hidden Village. Good job!" It was Cotom who gave him the directions of finding him if things went down hill.

Ralo beamed with pride, "I think I'm getting a bit smarter."

"Indeed."

"What are you doing all alone?" Ralo inquired.

"I dunno, it's just sort of natural to me. But, I have been thinking. That man in black...I need to find him, to help me avenge my father's death," Cotom explained.

"I'll help you the best I can."
____________________________________________________________________

The subject of pain always intrigued Vaati. That was one of the reasons why Dark Link assigned him the task of ending the life of the Hero of Twilight.

In the deepest part of Hyrule Castle's dungeon, was were Vaati's experiment would take place. His test subject: Link.

There Link was held, having a familiar sense of danger in his gut. He knew something was up.

Soon enough he stood between Vaati and Dark Link, shackled in chains. "As much as I'd love to see the so called Hero suffer", Dark Link told Vaati, "I have some wedding preparations to attend to."

"I'll go ahead and start then," Vaati replied.

As Dark Link exited the dank dungeon, Vaati pulled out a book of all his findings.

"Oh", Link said with fake fear, "I have a feeling this will be interesting."

"It will."

Vaati formed an orb purple fire in his right hand and threw it straight at Link. Link screamed in agony in reply.

"That was dark magic," Vaati explained, "I have been researching the effects that darkness has on the light. But I think that was enough for the day, don't you agree?"

Link just glared at him in return, still fighting the affects of the dark magic.

"Hmmm," Vaati thought, "Maybe soon we could get a Fierce Diety out of you."