Chapter 4

Lullaby, and good night, in the skies stars are bright.

May the moon's silvery beams bring you sweet dreams.

Close your eyes now and rest, may these hours be blessed.

'Til the sky's bright with dawn, when you wake with a yawn.

Lullaby, and good night, you are mother's delight.

I'll protect you from harm, and you'll wake in my arms.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes, for I'm right beside you.

Guardian angels are near, so sleep without fear.

Lullaby, and good night, with roses bedight.

Lilies o'er head, lay thee down in thy bed.

Lullaby, and good night, you are mother's delight.

I'll protect you from harm, and you'll wake in my arms.

Lullaby, and sleep tight, my darling sleeping.

On sheets white as cream, with a head full of dreams.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes, I'm right beside you.

Lay thee down now and rest, may your slumber be blessed.

Go to sleep, little one, think of puppies and kittens.

Go to sleep, little one, think of butterflies in spring.

Go to sleep, little one, think of sunny bright mornings.

Hush, darling one, sleep through the night,

Sleep through the night,

Dick heard Artemis sing a lullaby to the twins. They both quieted down. Dick felt something he hadn't felt in over two years. He felt love. Dick almost fell down when Artemis opened the door. Dick turned away when he saw she was wearing a short night gown.

"Wow Dick, I should've known you'd be at the door," Artemis said with a smirk.

Dick frowned.

"Artemis, I wanted to talk to you about something," Dick said. Artemis glanced at the dark bedroom. Sighing, she turned on a lamp in the bedroom then followed Dick into the living room.

"What?"

"I wanted to apologize for kissing you when you and Wally were dating," Dick said rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's fine Dick. I've forgiven you a long time ago," Artemis said.

"It's not fine. It was not my place. Just, when you were going to Florida with him, I thought I'd never see you again. That was when I realized something," Dick said and looked into Artemis's gray eyes.

"What?"

"I realized I loved you," Dick said.

"Loved me?"

'Well, that escalated quickly,' Artemis thought.

"Dick.... I don't think we should rush into anything," Artemis said. Before she could say another word Dick's lips were on hers. Artemis moaned. It had been at least a year since she had gotten a good kiss from a man who loved her. Wait.... Does she love him?

Artemis pulled away and gasped for air. She could tell from the look in Dick's eyes he hadn't meant to kiss her that hard.

"Dick..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you... Do you still love me?"

"With all my heart for the rest of my days Mis'," Dick said pulling Artemis close. Artemis leaned in resting her head in the crook of his neck. He was about to kiss her again, but she pulled away.

"I-I think one of the twins is crying," Artemis said and rushed out of the room blushing. Dick sighed. Did he scare her away? He took one last longing look at the door Artemis had just escaped to and then went to his own bed.