Chapter 26

M'gann found Artemis in the bathroom. Artemis was sitting on the toilet crying.

"Are you okay?" M'gann asked her bestfriend. Artemis slowly shook her head.

"No," she said.

"No? What's wrong?"

"I don't know."

"Are you sick?" 

"That's the problem. I have no idea."

"I think you should talk to Dick about it. Is there any possibility you could be pregnant?"

"What? No. That's impossible. Isn't it?"

"Yeah.... Not so much."

"I can't be pregnant. There's just no way." M'gann raised an eyebrow at her friend. "Okay.... Maybe there is such a way."

"Ya think?" M'gann asked. Artemis smiled.

"You think Dick and I would make cute kids?"

"I think you and Dick would make adorable children," M'gann said and the girls giggled. Artemis and M'gann walked out of the bathroom and over to the boys.

"You okay Artemis?" Dick asked. Artemis nodded but her face paled again.

"Artemis?" M'gann asked. She put her hand on her bestfriend's shoulder just as Artemis collapsed.

At the hospital.....

Dick paced back and forth in the waiting room. "What's taking so long?" He asked.

"Dick, calm down," Barbara said. 

"How can I calm down Barbara?!"

"Dude, she's right. Here, have some food," Bart said.

"Don't let him eat that! The hospital food stinks!" Jaime said.

"Does not," Bart said.

"Does too," Jaime argued.

"Does not."

"Does too."

"Does not!"

"Does too!"

"Does-" Bart was cut off by a young female doctor.

"Mr. Grayson?" She asked looking around the room.

"Yes?" Dick looked at her worried.

"May I please speak to you?"

"Of course," Dick said following the doctor down the hall into a office.

"Mr. Grayson, Mrs. Crock is in critical condition. Do you know what caused her to faint?"

"No Ma'am. I know about as much as you do."

"She is awake, and asking for you, but she doesn't seem herself."

"What do you mean?"

"She's had a seizure Mr. Grayson. A very serious one. You're lucky you got her here in time. Ten more minutes and.... well.... let's just say it wouldn't have ended well."

"Why did she have a seizure?"

"It looks as if she has an brain infection. It's not deadly, at least not yet. We caught it just in time...." The doctor continued talking as Dick's mind wandered.

'Brain infection...... seizure..... Artemis....." Thought's were raising through his mind.

"Mr. Grayson! Mr. Grayson!" The doctor yelled his name.

"What?" He looked at her.

"She needs medicine, but cannot be by herself during the time she is taking it."

"What are you saying?"

"She'll need to stay with you or one of her friends. Just until this infection is gone."

"Okay, thanks Doctor," he said and the young doctor nodded, then walked out of the room.