Chapter 18

"No! No, no, no, no! She can't be dead!" Dick screamed at Bruce.

"I'm sorry Dick," Bruce said.

'I love her. I love Artemis. She can't be dead. She can't,' Dick thought. He looked at the pale Archer, and saw her skin was already turning gray.

"Please, please do something," Dick said as a nurse came in. She looked startled. "You have to do something!" Dick said now screaming at her. The nurse ran out of the room.

"Calm down Dick," M'gann said placing her hand on Dick's shoulder.

"I can't! I have to find a cure. I have to save Artemis," Dick said.

"Artemis is gone," Wally said coming into the room, surprising everyone.

"What do you mean?" Dick asked.

"I just checked in with the doctor. I heard the news from the other members of the league when I went to the Watch Tower. They can't save her. She's gone," Wally said, his face pale. Dick just looked at Bruce, then to Artemis, and then back to Wally. He ran out of the room.

"Dick," Barbara said to go after him, but Tim held her back.

"Let him go," Tim said.

Dick walked out of the hospital. This couldn't be happening. Artemis was alive. She was. This was a dream, just a dream..... Dick looked up to the sky to see a bright light coming towards him. He dove into the bushes.

"Dick?" He heard a female voice call his name. It almost sounded like Artemis.... He came out of the bushes to see an older Artemis.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Artemis, from the future."

"Why are you here?"

"To save me."