Chapter 8

"Please do explain. Oh, I know. Those are the Kent's kids right?" Paula said.

"No mom, these are mine," Artemis said.

"Yours?"

"Listen, I- um, we-" Artemis started to say and then sighed. "These kids are mine and Dick's from the future."

"Future?"

"Yes. Apparently in the future I got married to Dick, and we had twins," Artemis said and swayed from side to side as Jai started fussing.

"So, let me get this straight. You got married to Bruce Wayne's son, and had kids with him, in the future?" Paula asked looking from Artemis to Dick, back to Artemis.

"Yes ma'am," Dick said and took Artemis's hand. Artemis looked at Dick and smiled.

"We've also figured everything out. And for the time being, we're a couple," Artemis said. At first, Paula looked surprised but then smiled. She held her arms open, hugging both Dick and Artemis. Sophie started to cry as Dick put her on the floor of Paula's home.

"Come here baby," Paula reached down and picked Sophie up. Sophie stared up at her mother before bursting out crying. Paula cuddled the baby and soon Sophie quieted down. Jai also cried for Paula, so soon she had both the babies and was pushing Dick and Artemis out of the house. "Go on, go on. I'll take care of the kids. Go!"

Artemis and Dick looked at each other.

"Okay Mom. Bye babies. Love you," Artemis said and Dick and her left.

"Come on," Dick said pulling into their driveway.

"Where are we going?" Artemis asked.

"To Practice," Dick said and winked at her.