Chapter 6

Artemis woke up to someone pulling her hair. She smiled as she saw Jai and Sophie awake.

"Come here babies," Artemis pulled the children into her arms and kissed their heads. She looked up to find Dick staring at her. "Ah!"

"Relax, I was just going to tell you I made breakfast," Dick said smirking.

"Thanks. Hold them while I get dressed. Oh, and Dick, last night didn't change anything," Artemis said shoving the twins into Dick's arms. She slammed the door in his face.

Dick smiled again. "Actually, it changes everything."

Later...

Artemis ran to the kitchen to see pancakes and sausage cooking. She looked around and saw Dick feeding Jai and Sophie breakfast.

"Hey, is this stuff edible?" Artemis asked rubbing Jai's soft head.

"I don't know. You tell me. Is it?" Dick asked giving Sophie more apple sauce.

"I, I, I, Grayson, were you always this annoying?"

"Only since you left."

"Did you just flirt with me?"

"Have been for the past ten years. Thanks for noticing."

Artemis rolled her eyes and went to get some pancakes. She cautiously put one in her mouth and smiled. She pretended to choke and fell on the floor. Dick jumped up and ran over to her.

"You were wrong. These are not edible," Artemis said and started a coughing fit. Dick hurriedly wrapped his arms around her to give her the Heimlich remover. "Relax Grayson. I'm fine," Artemis said, "Though this is a very nice position, don't you think?"

"Hey you..." Dick started tickling Artemis and she laughed. She tried to pull herself up by pulling on the table but flipped her plate with pancakes and sausage onto Dick's head. Artemis burst out laughing again.

"You should see your face! It's hilarious!" Artemis said. Dick calmly stood up and went to get some gravy. He walked over to Artemis and dumped some on her head. Artemis screamed and rubbed her head on Dick's cheek. Dick smiled and kissed her. She stopped and pulled away.

"Artemis, I, I didn't mean to..."

"Relax Grayson. I know you didn't mean it. Now, you better feed the twins the rest of that apple sauce. I'm.... Going to take another shower."

Dick cursed under his breath and picked crying Jai up. "Dang it. I didn't mean to kiss her. It just happened. Or did I mean to kiss her, and just didn't know it?"