Chapter 11

"Waaaah!" Sophie cried when Artemis picked her up out of her car seat. She was so tired.

"Dick, could you please take her inside?" Artemis asked and unbuckled sleeping Jai.

"Yes Mis'. Love you," Dick said and kissed Artemis's side of her head. She rolled her eyes and Jai stirred.

"Artemis!" M'gann cried as she ran out of Dick's apartment.

"M'gann, what are you doing here?"

"I heard about Sophie, and we rushed here as soon as we could," M'gann said.

"We?"

Connor, Barbara, and Karen came out of the house after M'gann.

"Is Sophie alright?" Barbara asked.

"Yes, she just had a seizure. The doctor said she is fine," Dick said.

"Oh, thank goodness," Karen said and tickled Sophie making her stop crying.

"Yes, thank goodness,"  a voice said from behind the couple. Turning around, they saw Sportsmaster.

"What are you doing here?" Dick said handing Sophie off to M'gann.

"Can't I just come see my daughter and the grandkids I didn't know I had," Sportsmaster said.

"Sure, if that's all you were going to do," Dick said and stepped in front of the girls with Connor.

"Oh, I know you, you're Bruce Wayne's son, the million dollar playboy," Sportsmaster said.

"As much as I love our family reunions dad, get away from me and my family," Artemis said. Sportsmaster grabbed Jaidyn out of Artemis's arms.

"Jai!" Dick yelled.

"Sorry, gotta jet," Sportsmaster said and hopped in a small jet, flying away.

"Jaidyn," Artemis said and fell to the ground. This was definitely not how today was supposed to go.