Chapter 23

Over the next month Artemis and Dick had become extremely close. They had moved into Dick's apartment together... And we also sleeping in the same bed.

"Hey," Artemis rolled over to find Dick smiling at her. She looked at the clock, 9:26am.... she had overslept.

"What's going on?" Artemis asked.

"I was just checking on you. I made breakfast," Dick said.

"Thanks," Artemis said when she suddenly felt a wave of nausea go over her.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go see M'gann and Connor today. They asked about lunch so I said I'd ask you."

Artemis nodded before rushing to the bathroom.

"Artemis?" Dick ran after her and found her throwing up whatever was left in her stomach from the dinner they had last night. "Are you okay?" he asked after Artemis finished retching.

Artemis nodded slowly. "I'm fine."

"You sure don't seem fine. This is like the fourth time this week this has happened."

"I know. But I promise, I am fine."

"Are you sure you want to go to lunch with the Kent's?" Dick asked. Artemis nodded.

"I'm sure. I should feel better after I have breakfast," Artemis said before rinsing her mouth out with water.

"Okay..." Dick said and walked out of the bathroom. "I'll set the table."

Artemis soon walked down the stairs to the kitchen dressed in a green sundress where the back was longer than the front. She had put her hair up in a pony tail and had put a little makeup on.

"I made some pancakes, sausage and eggs," Dick said handing her a plate. Artemis didn't feel very hungry, but she ate most of what she had on her plate anyway. Dick watched as she ate.

"What?" Artemis asked as he smiled.

"Nothing..." Dick said. Artemis may or may not know it, but he thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

4 hours later....

"You ready to go babe?" Artemis called upstairs.

"Almost," Dick ran out hopping on one foot while he tried to put his shoes on.

"We're gonna be late," Artemis said watching him.

"No, we won't. Go ahead and start the car," Dick said. Artemis just nodded and went out to the car to start it. She felt another wave of nausea go over her, but she shook it off. She didn't know what a day this was going to be.