Chapter 24

Dick and Artemis got to the restaurant a couple minutes after M'gann and Connor. They had decided to eat outside and got a table. M'gann and Artemis went to Dick's car to talk about girl stuff while the guys sat at the table and waited for the food.

"So, how's it going with Artemis?" Connor asked.

"Pretty good. I love my girl," Dick said smiling.

"Your girl?" Connor asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah..." Dick smiles as music started playing. Connor was surprised when Dick started singing, but then relaxed and listened.

"She looks so pretty with no makeup on. You should hear her talkin' to her momma on phone, I love it when she raps to an Eminem song. That's my girl," Dick sang and smiled at Artemis. Connor nodded.

"Man her eyes really drive me crazy. You should see her smile when she holds a baby, I can honestly say that she saved me, My girl, yeah," Dick sang and then saw a young man looking at Artemis and M'gann as they danced Dick's car to a song on the radio. He walked passed Dick and Dick stopped him.

"Yeah that's my girl, in the passenger seat, windows down dancing around. Causin' a scene," Dick sang to the guy and the he just walked away shaking his head.  "That's my girl, Sippin' crown and sprite, in a ball cap turned back. Ooh she got me like, Yeah baby girl you gone and done it again. Makin' all the guys wish you were with them, but I bet they don't see what I see when I see my girl." Dick finished the first part of the song and then Connor started singing.

"Every night before she goes to bed, she hits her knees and bows her head. Thanks the Lord for another day, I just thank him for my girl," Connor sang and Dick smiled at his friend.

"Yeah that's my girl, in the passenger seat, windows down dancing around, Causin' a scene," Connor sang as he and Dick watched people pass Dick's car looking weirdly at Artemis and M'gann silently judging them. "That's my girl, Sippin' crown and sprite, in a ball cap turned back. Ooh she got me like, yeah baby girl you gone and done it again. Makin' all the guys wish you were with them, but I bet they don't see what I see when I see my girl."

"Oh my girl, Yea that's my girl," Connor and Dick sang and then an older man came up to them.

"In my truck, in the songs that I sing with the radio up. In my heart, in my soul, in the air that I breathe every day. Yeah everything," The man said before smiling at them and leaving. Connor and Dick raised an eyebrow at each other then shrugged.

"Yeah that's my girl, in the passenger seat, windows down dancing around, Causin' a scene," Dick and Connor both sang and got looks from other people. "That's my girl, Sippin' crown and sprite, in a ball cap turned back. Ooh she got me like, yeah baby girl you gone and done it again. Makin' all the guys wish you were with them, but I bet they don't see what I see when I see my girl."

"Oh, my girl," Connor sang.

"Yeah, that's my girl," Dick finished the song right before the waiter came out with the food. The girls made their way back over and sat down.

"What?" Artemis asked when she saw the look on the boy's faces. Connor and Dick just smiled.