|Chapter Five|

The sun shone brightly through the draped curtains the next morning. Caroline opened her eyes, tacky with old dry tears and yawned. Bonnie and Caroline had shared Elena's bed, whilst Elena slept with Stefan in Jeremy's bed. Elena's brother was out for the evening so he didn't mind. Caroline got up quietly and got dressed. She snuck downstairs, put her shoes on and felt relief as she got into her car and turned the key. She was exhausted and felt done with everything and everyone at this point.

She was so overwhelmed and she hadn't had a good nights sleep since the night of the fight between Stefan and Klaus. Her phone buzzed on the seat next to her in her handbag, she continued driving and reached for it. Reading the text in her head, another tear fell from her lashes as it was Klaus who had texted her.

'Caroline. I apologise for Tyler's actions last night, love. I told him never to go near you again or else.

He will be punished accordingly.

Yours,

Klaus.'

The car skidded, slipping on the cool morning ice as she turned the wheel onto another road. The car spun out of control, a high pitched squeal echoed loudly in the streets. She raised her brows, gasped and let go of the wheel as the car smashed into something hard.

-

After Klaus finished punishing Tyler for how he treated Caroline, he pulled the dagger from his siblings chests. Kol was so angry with Klaus, he disappeared without a word whilst Elijah shook his head in silent disbelief and sped off to his room.

Klaus and Tyler headed out towards the forest to find another pack of werewolves to turn into hybrids. Tyler was beaten black and blue, but healing quickly as the supernatural did. But unfortunately for Klaus, luck was no where to be seen. In fact, over in the distance they could see smoke hovering above some bushes, it was a thick black cloud and curiosity got the better of them. Once they reached the clearing. Tyler stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes darted to the number plate of the car in-front of them. Klaus turned to face him, and raised his brows.

"It's Carolines car." Tyler choked. Both him and Klaus sped over to her and Klaus' heart jumped into his throat. He ripped off the car door and pulled her fragile body from the crushed drivers seat, into his lap. Tyler fell to his knees and sobbed, cupping his mouth with his hands. Klaus sat on the floor, covered in her blood, the world was dead to him. He couldn't even hear Tyler screaming for help.

Caroline looked broken, they couldn't hear her heart beat and Tyler was just about to call an ambulance when Caroline groaned silently.

"Caroline!" Tyler shouted, dropping his phone and running to them. Klaus looked at her, no emotion on his face, he felt he could finally breathe.

"Caroline?" Klaus whispered, choking for air. It was in this exact moment he realised it wasn't just the chase or lure anymore. He had really fallen for her. He wanted her to be his forever, and the thought of her being gone from this world was too unbearable. He would never want to be without her now. Klaus pulled his jacket from his body and wrapped it around her. Caroline furrowed her brows confused and tried to sit up, wincing.

Klaus also felt confused as her heart still wasn't beating, and then his brows raised in surprised as he realised he could smell vampire blood running through her veins. Klaus thought about this for a moment and was glad when it didn't change the way he felt about her.

Damon's blood from the previous night had bought her back to life.  If it weren't for Katherine turning Elena, and Elena feeding on Caroline and Damon helping Caroline heal, she wouldn't still be here.

"I'm going to take her back to my place. Leave us." Klaus growled to Tyler as Tyler held Caroline's hand.

"I'm getting really fed up of being your puppet, Klaus." Tyler growled back as he stormed away. Any other time, Klaus would have ripped him apart for talking to him like that. Klaus looked again at Caroline, he felt a strong need to protect her. He lifted her into his arms and sped off into the distance towards his home.

A few hours passed and Caroline finally woke from her in and out of consciousness. She groaned, opening her eyes to a blurry sight as she clutched her head.

"Caroline." Klaus whispered, scooting over to her side. She sat up worried and confused.

"It's okay love, I won't hurt you. Tell me, what do you last remember?" He said slowly, taking her hand. She sighed and looked at him. He smelled expensive, and wore a dark blue shirt. Caroline felt desperately attracted to him at this moment. Her heart, even though not beating for the same reason anymore, fluttered quickly in response to her emotions.

"Calm down love, vampire emotions are magnified. I expect you're frightened and confused. I bought you here to keep you safe." Klaus said again, stroking his thumb across her soft hand. He smiled gently. Caroline whimpered, remembering her accident. "Am I like all of you now?"

Klaus paused. "Being a vampire isn't all bad. It comes with lots of benefits. I promise I'll be here for you no matter what. Whatever you need, whatever you want. I'm yours."

Caroline looked into his eyes, they were a dazzling blue and she felt so much more alive and comfortable than she had done this last week. But one thing bothered her... Her diet.

Caroline couldn't really focus on anything right now, she kept a hold of Klaus' hand and drifted to sleep. Klaus looked down at their hands and his eyes widened. Could be really love someone? Something? He felt a little bit unwell. Klaus unhooked his hand from hers and started to to leave the room. A message woke up Carolines phone. Klaus suddenly felt a nosey, and he hovered over it. Instantly he regretted it, anger and frustration ripped him apart. Of course it would be him.

'Caroline, I hope you're okay. I'm sorry about how my behaviour's been lately. Hit me up. I'm all ears.'

Klaus was infuriated and gritted his teeth together, crumbling the phone up in his hands. "Shit." He whispered as the glass cut his hand and he'd just broken Carolines phone. The wounds disappeared quickly, but his anger didn't. He launched across the room for his mobile and smacked the screen with every tap as he typed.

To Tyler;

'You're under my siarment and if I can't trust you then believe you me I'll slaughter you. Caroline is in my care now, so in the greatest respect I suggest you back off.'

Klaus rolled his tongue to the side of his mouth, pissed off with Tyler.

"Got to keep her away from them." He mumbled, envy getting the best of him. He stood up and cleared the glass and smashed phone off the floor. He needed to buy Caroline another phone before she noticed hers was missing.