|Chapter Eighteen|

All three went back to Caroline's, Klaus was going to stay the night. He understood Caroline wanted as much time with her mother as possible now and if the medication still didn't work, he knew she was going to try her blood.

"Mom. I have to tell you something. I'm not really sure how you're going to take it, but you need to know before anything else happens."

Liz furrowed her brows. Klaus cleared his throat and told them he was going to use the bathroom.

He pursed his lips as he heard Liz screaming at Caroline.

"And what about Klaus? Does he know!"

"Klaus is, a, um. A hybrid. Werewolf and vampire, mom. It's crazy, I know, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but this life isn't that bad it's-"

"Get out. Please. Leave."

Klaus awkwardly stepped out from his hidden space and took Caroline's hand as they left. Liz slouched onto the sofa. All the killings, all the recent killings. Her daughter, and now her granddaughter are apart of it.

-

Elijah, Hayley, Davina and Kol all agreed to the cinema as a night out. They'd originally planned bowling but the alley was closed.

Kol started to like Davina in a friendship sort way; and ordered a large bag of popcorn and tango-ice-blast to share. They were watching the new insidious.

Almost half an hour in; Kol jumped into Elijah's arms, screaming like a girl. Davina and Hayley cupped their mouths as Kol straightened himself out and cleared his throat. As he went to take a handful of popcorn; Davina's hand was also in the bag, leading to a hand embrace. Kol dragged his hand away instantly and felt once more the magic pulling on his neck. Kol rolled his eyes.

-

"I can't believe she told me to leave. What do I do? Ugh Klaus. Stop pacing."

Klaus turned to look at Caroline and gently placed his hands together as he took a step forward.

"Give her time, love."

"I'm running out of time with her, Klaus."

Klaus felt useless.

Caroline eventually fell asleep; and Klaus decided he had to do something about this. He quietly left home and vamped to Caroline's place. He didn't want to wake Liz, so tuned into the house to see if she was awake. She was still talking to herself about the whole situation. So, he decided to knock and announce his presence.

As Liz opened the door, she rolled her eyes and began to close it; but Klaus jammed his foot in the way.

"I want to tell you about how Caroline died."

Liz put her hands to her head and tugged on her hair with frustration.

"I can't listen to this. Leave."

"Caroline may respect your wishes when you ask her to leave but I won't. Not until you hear me out and then, only then can you tell me to leave."

Liz sighed and opened the door as to let him enter. Klaus strolled through the hall and began his speech.

"When myself and Tyler were strolling through the Mystic Woods we came across a damaged car which had supposedly slid on ice on that cold, winters day and crashed. Tyler noticed the number plate and suggested it to be Caroline's. Now; if it weren't for the vampire blood in Caroline's system from another accident she was saved from, your daughter would be dead. You wouldn't be having a granddaughter and you would've went through hell trying to get over your mourning for her. Be thankful she's actually still here. She wants to spend time with you. She loves you."

Liz sighed and took in what he'd said. He was right; she was dying and instead of looking at the positives of life, she was pushing the negatives first.

"Come round tomorrow. Caroline and me should spend some quality time together. I'm dying, and moping over the fact my daughter is a vam-ugh. I'll just see you both tomorrow."

Klaus left with a respectful nod; at least he'd gotten through to her.

-

The next morning; Klaus awoke to the sound of Caroline throwing up. The baby wanted more human blood. Klaus sighed and rolled out of bed to comfort Caroline, only to find her crying in the corner of the room.

"Caroline, love. It'll be okay." He said; as he crouched down beside her.

Caroline huffed, she had bags under her eyes and her teeth were sore. Klaus worried for her, as was Rebekah, Kol and Elijah. Rebekah scoffed as she walked into the bathroom.

"I brought you lemon herb tea. It should sooth the cravings."

Caroline tried to crack a smile.

"Thank you."

Rebekah glanced at Klaus and wondered back downstairs.

"She doesn't look good." Rebekah sighed. Kol and Elijah stood against the kitchen side. Kol cracked open a beer.

"Really?" Elijah snarled.

"What? I need a cold beer." Kol choked as the fizz trickled down his neck.

Klaus slumped downstairs with a sigh and the three stopped talking.

"I think it's time."

They could hear Caroline screaming from upstairs.

The baby wanted to come into the world. They were all surprised, that within a couple of weeks this was happening. The baby had grown super fast.

Kol and Elijah went upstairs to help her get back down and into the car. Klaus vamped into the vehicle and made it warm whilst Rebekah grabbed blankets, towels and other accessories she thought necessary. It was approaching December, and it was going to be a long, cold night.

-

They finally reached the hospital, Klaus had his hands up to his face in shock, confusion and fear. What would happen to Caroline? She looked as if she was dying and he couldn't do anything to stop it. She was dying. She was losing so much blood and wasn't healing.

"Bonnie. I beg of you, make sure Caroline survives this and I will make sure Kol survives your loss."

Bonnie could hear Klaus reaching out and sighed at his wishes. She'd make sure Caroline was okay anyway, but a deals a deal. So Bonnie sent Klaus a whisper. He couldn't make out what it was, but it was just enough for him to know Bonnie had heard him. Rebekah had her hand on Klaus' knee whilst the other two paced around the room.

One of the midwives pulled Klaus aside.

"We've had to do an emergency C-section since your baby was having trouble breathing in the womb whilst your wife was trying to deliver naturally. Would you like to come in?"

Klaus picked up on the word wife. They weren't married, but he was so excited to settle their family once and for all once they were.

Klaus was nervous, yet excited and looked at the others. Elijah was proud. Klaus was such a nasty, vile beast. And now thanks to Caroline, and now his new daughter, he was turning his tables.

//