|Chapter TwentyTwo|

"Good morning gals!" Rebekah sang. It was the day of the wedding.

Stefan was invited by Caroline but he thought best to stay home just in case something went wrong. He was still traumatised, but better after being home for almost a week.

They all soon learned that Ivy's power was nothing to mess with.

Stefan had his humanity on, he still lived at the Salvatore house as it was originally Damon's and Stefan's anyway. Elena was fine with it for a while during his get well soon stage. He had cards and flowers from his closest friends.

Ivy and Charlie were growing at a crazy speed. Caroline, Klaus, Hayley and Elijah were sad that they weren't getting enough time with them as children. Time wasn't on their side. But today the focus was the wedding.

The makeup artist and the hair designer appeared ready for the ladies in waiting.

"Wow, I can't believe my brother is actually getting married. Never in a million years did I see this coming." Rebekah sighed as she slipped on her brides maid dress with the others.

"I didn't think I'd ever marry Klaus." Caroline laughed.

"It's a shame Bonnie can't be here. I'm sure she's looking down on us, she'd be so proud." Elena whimpered.

Lydia was swirling her lavender coloured dress around to catch the perfect selfie, whilst Ivy and Allison were being babysat in the corner by Liz. Liz was having an amazing time; smiling and grateful she'd had this long with her family. She'd lived past her time, the blood was doing its part but it wouldn't work forever.

"Mom. Come and put your dress on, the girls will be fine." Caroline called as she outstretched her hand. Liz huffed and struggled to stand but did so anyway. She grabbed her dress and crept to the bathroom so she could get changed with help from a little privacy.

Caroline hummed as the makeup artist talked to her about her love for wedding makeup. "Oh, yes. I love purple, nude, anything. I love the colours you've chosen. They go very well with the dresses."

Elena and Lydia complimented one another as they poured themselves out some Asti. Caroline's favourite wine.

"You ready girl?" Bonnie whispered as she and Kai stood watching them. Caroline turned, and although she could see nothing, she knew.

"Bonnie's here." Caroline smiled. Elena and Lydia took each other's hands and smiled in the direction Caroline was looking.

"Can they see us? They can't-"

Lydia and Elena rushed to give her a hug once she became visible as Kai stepped back. "I might have arranged something for you..." Kai smirked. Bonnie kissed him lightly on the cheek and thanked him. The girls looked confused. They couldn't see Kai. Caroline wriggled free once her makeup artist had finished and picked Rebekah for her next do over.

"I'm so so grateful for everything Bon. For Ivy, for you being here today. How are you even here?" Caroline said as she fought back tears. She didn't want her makeup ruined after all.

"I had a little help." Bonnie smiled. Caroline smirked back. She was of course overly prepared, which is why she had a spare size eight bridesmaid dress in the back room. Bonnie ran to collect it, Lydia following after her. Liz was pleased to see Bonnie once again.