|Chapter Fourteen|

The rain hadn't stopped all day; along with a couple of thunder claps and lightning strikes.  It was the perfect opportunity to get comfy and sit in front of the fire.

Klaus joined Caroline whom was cuddled up on the sofa and he poured themselves a glass of bucks-fizz and lemonade each, something small before the night of heavy drinking began.

Klaus smiled.

He thought back to when he tried to get Caroline to look at him let alone sit and cuddle with him. Cuddling wasn't his thing at all, but with her on his chest the world fell silent. Time had stopped and it was just those two having a nice relaxing night. But not for long.

Elijah brought Hayley back in from the rain. Her smile faded as soon as she saw Caroline. Caroline felt her blood boil but once realising she was with Klaus she calmed herself. There was no need to get angry. Here was better than anywhere with Tyler anyway, and if it wasn't for her realising Tyler was a cheat, and their breakup; Caroline wouldn't have been able to be with Klaus. She wondered what they actually were since there wasn't a label on it.

Caroline stood up, smiled and although a part of her still wanted to rip the shit into her, she welcomed her into the house with a handshake once Hayley apologised.

Katherine wasn't at ease either. She felt uncomfortable and rather sad that Elijah had Hayley as his new sex partner for the nights that awaited them.

"So you're Hayley. Haley Marshall?" Katherine smirked. Hayley felt a little intimidated to be standing in front of one of the most dangerous vampires. But she had a venomous bite, so she calmed her nerves with the thought.

Hayley sat down in Klaus' armchair. Klaus cleared his throat, as if Elijah should say something before he got angry. No one sits in his chair. No one. He wanted to get up and kill her but with Caroline led over him, he didn't. He just started to play with her hair.

"Oh, Hayley, that's Klaus' chair. Sit with me won't you?" Elijah smiled as he took her hand and led her to the bigger sofa on the opposite side of the room to Caroline and Klaus.

Caroline continued to bury her head in Klaus' warm chest. Listening to his heart beat was one of the most comforting things in the world.

"So how come our hearts still beat?" Caroline asked.

"You know what, love. I'm actually not sure."

Caroline raised her brows. So there was something he didn't know. Caroline smirked as Elijah stood up to get the alcohol. Klaus rolled his eyes, if he wasn't a hybrid he'd defiantly of killed his liver by now. Good thing his organs don't work the way they used to.

His thumb stroked Caroline's hand in circular motions and she looked up at him. A small kiss wouldn't hurt. Caroline pecked his lips and fluttered her lashes towards the floor as Kol appeared in the room making gagging sounds.

"I see you're out of your room brother." Klaus nodded respectfully. Whilst at the same time he clenched his jaw due to Kol's lack of privacy.

Kol took a deep breath and slammed his eyes. He picked up a can of Thatchers Haze and downed it faster than water could hit the bottom of a waterfall.

Rebekah strutted into the room with a smile plastered on her face.

"I can't wait to have a sister-in-law."

Klaus furrowed his brows at his sister whilst Caroline was smirking at her.

"Oh, Elijah. I hope you don't mind but I invited my friend Davina over." Hayley said as she texted on her mobile.