|Chapter TwentyEight|

|Two Months Later|

"Ivy. You are driving me insane." Klaus yelled upstairs to his daughter who was moaning about not being allowed a boyfriend. She sighed and twiddled around, begging him to let her go to the party tonight.

"Allison has a boyfriend dad. Why can't I?" Ivy sulked, slumping down onto her bed, almost suffocating in her pillow but at this point, she didn't care. Typical teenage years. Klaus was upstairs in less than a second and lent against the door frame of her bedroom.

"Allison is lucky I'm only her 'uncle' and not her dad." Klaus smirked, raising his brows. He remembered when Allison first told Stiles she had met a boy, both their faces turned sour as they exchanged looks. Klaus turned to Ivy and whispered, "don't you go getting any ideas. It's not happening." Stiles and Allison yapped at each other for almost an hour before Lydia pulled Stiles aside for the 'letting go talk.' Klaus was dreading it.

"Ugh!" Ivy huffed; she slammed her bedroom door with her telekinesis. Klaus vamped into his room where he found Caroline laughing to herself sprawled out on the bed with her favourite book, To Kill A Mocking Bird.

"Don't look at me. That's all you." She said as he took her hand and pulled her into a hug.

"She's sixteen Klaus. She's getting older. You have to let her go sometime. Let her. Explore the world." Caroline smirked, raising her brows. Besides, Caroline didn't need all this drama in her life at the moment. Her mother was getting sicker by the minute, she was glad she'd just had this long with her.

"But, love. If she were a normal child, she wouldn't even be six yet." Klaus frowned, gritting his teeth. He wandered over to the window for a better breath of fresh air.

"I'll speak to her..." Caroline said, rolling her eyes. Klaus laughed and shook his head as she got up and placed her handmade book marker onto page 205. Caroline knocked on Ivy's door.

"Ivy, sweetheart, what's wrong?" Caroline asked. After Ivy didn't respond Caroline opened the door. Caroline bit her lip to keep from calling Klaus' name as the curtains flapped in the wind.

"Yeah, she's totally fine." Caroline lied, empathizing the word 'fine.'

Klaus sighed. "She isn't even in there is she?"

"Nope."

Just as Caroline responded, her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Caroline. Allison's not in her room, are you with Ivy?"

"No, Lydia. They've done it again."

Lydia sighed. Lydia and Caroline burst into laughter, knowing that they too done the same when they were younger.

"What's so funny at a time like this?" Stiles said from the other room down the line.

"Hey, Stiles." Caroline smiled. She could hear him through her vampire hearing. Klaus got out of bed and stood near the door frame shaking his head.

"Klaus is panicking too, don't worry." Caroline said.

"I'll check on Elijah and Charlie." Lydia said, hanging up.

"Hey Elijah. Is Char-"

"No. Lydia. I'm guessing Ivy and Allison are missing too?"

"I have a feeling I know where they went..." Lydia smiled. Allison had asked her mom if she could attend the high school party as well, and as her dad gave her the same answer. She must've got the same idea as she and Ivy met on the corner of Bushfield Road.