|Chapter Six|

Caroline tossed and turned in the covers, sweating and groaning, she quickly sat up and cried out in pain. Loud footsteps approached from the hall way, the door swung open as Klaus rushed to her side. He climbed onto the bed beside her and wiped her sweaty forehead. He realised quickly that she hasn't completed the vampire transition and winced. Caroline wasn't going to like this, but she would die if she didn't eventually feed.

"Drink this, fast." Klaus said, shoving a hospital made blood bag to her lips. She frowned at him in disgust and wrinkled her nose, but then her body began to tremble with need, and she took it from him and drank every last drop.

"I don't know why that was so delicious but disgusting at the same time." Caroline sighed as she started to feel better. Klaus took the empty bag and threw it into a small bin in the corner of the room. Sadness washed over him, now that she was feeling better after her accident and now she had fed, he knew that she wouldn't stay with him. She would receive training from her friends, information about him that would cause her to turn on him. He left the room and turned for the bathroom.

Caroline's phone began to vibrate. Klaus had already in the space of a few hours, fixed her mobile. Elena was calling. Caroline picked up her phone. "Caroline, are you okay? Tyler said you were in a pretty bad accident. He's started a rumour in college, telling everyone you left him for someone else. He told Stefan you were seeing... Klaus."

"No Elena. I will never ever be with Klaus. Ever. Who could ever love someone like him and how shallow do you think of me? Why would I be with someone who literally tortured you." Caroline hung up on her feeling angry and stormed out from the room. She gasped as she bumped right into a tall figure. "Klaus." Caroline barely whispered, shocked to see him right outside. She was confused, he looked hurt. The words that she said to Elena repeated in her mind. 'Who could ever love someone like him.' She bit down on her lip hard.

"I think your mother will be wondering where you are Caroline. Would you like a lift home?"

"Yes I would. I guess I should be getting home after all." Caroline sighed, this was the first time she genuinely felt guilty towards him. The whole drive none of them said a word to one another, it was completely silent. Caroline could tell she had really upset him, but it angered her. Klaus surely wouldn't be upset over that. That would be absolutely ridiculous. He dropped her home and sighed as she got out of the car. "Goodnight, Caroline."

She was so annoyed, goodnight Caroline. That's all? No remark or new flirtation method? Caroline couldn't understand how a couple of days ago she hated Klaus, and now she was concerned about hurting his feelings. Pathetic. She was quiet as not to wake her mom but she was awake anyway.

"You've been distant. Coming home at this time in the morning is not acceptable Caroline Forbes. You're grounded, for two weeks. No friends and no phone." Liz took Caroline's phone and placed it in her home office. Caroline slumped up to her room and fell onto her bed. She lightened up once she realised her laptop was still in tact.

FaceTime: Bonnie Bennett.

"Caroline. Are you alright?" 

"I need some advice Bon. I know I haven't known him for long, but I think I actually like Klaus. I know, I'm a terrible friend after what he did to Elena. But with me he's different. With me he's gentle, forgiving, soft. Oh. Tell me, what do I do."

"Care. If you like him that much nothing will stop you. Elena will eventually come around. Yes, he has done horrible things, but I think you make him a better person, and I'm thinking maybe you can put a stop to his nonsense."

"Thanks Bonnie. I guess you should know that it wasn't just Elena who joined the vampires. I got into a car accident and Klaus found me. I had Damon's blood in my system and so I survived."

"Wow... Im sorry that happened to you Caroline. That sounds horrible. I can't believe my two bestfriends are vampires. I'll see you soon Care." Bonnie laughed before the two girls said goodnight. Caroline smiled and jumped into bed, but she still couldn't shake the feeling that she'd hurt Klaus' feelings. She wanted to call him but wouldn't know where to find her phone. Caroline got out of bed and pulled her jeans on and a red top with a denim jacket and climbed silently out of the window. She would be going straight back to Klaus' place.

Klaus was sat on the living room sofa in front of a warm, crackling fire. The flames trickled up the chimney giving off a small amount of smoke which flew into the sky turning transparent.

"Ugh!" He moaned, throwing his drink across the room. It smashed into tiny pieces around the ancient stone floor. Klaus kept thinking that Caroline hated him. He had to go back to her house and talk to her.

Klaus climbed up to her bedroom window, but was pensive when he saw she wasn't there. He couldn't smell her either, or hear her heart. She wasn't home. Klaus got back into his car and followed her faint scent. It was weak but he could still pick it up. "Got you, love." He said to himself and smiled, turning the corner to park up. Caroline looked at him as he approached, her lips and mouth covered in fresh blood. "What did you do Caroline?" Klaus said calmly, stepping towards her with his hand out to reassure her he was being gentle. Caroline panicked and slid down the alley wall crying. "I'm sorry. I could smell him and my body just attacked without me even thinking about it." The man who was injured, was crawling away dragging his weak body behind him. Klaus didn't care about him, but Caroline did so he tried to. "You can still save him you know." Klaus said, taking her hand.

"We try not to teach new vampires this trick, to keep them from turning people deliberately. But feed him your blood, Caroline." Klaus hummed and he places her wrist near the man's mouth. The man screamed, terrified. "Don't make a sound." He pulled the man up towards his face by his top as he spoke and threw him back to the ground. Caroline fed him her blood quickly and the man gasped as his wounds healed within seconds. He stood up, and decided to run but Klaus stood in front of him and stopped him. "Caroline come here love." He said, taking her hand again. "Try to compel him to forget what happened." He said, watching her eyes carefully. His tone was vigilant, calming and reassuring. It caught her off guard and her eyes trailed down his jersey, his torso was visible as it clung to the material. Her feelings really were magnified as a vampire, everything she'd pushed away before was coming to light. She snapped out of it, and turned her attention towards the man.

"You don't remember a thing, you were drinking, got carried away and woke up here." She said, without breaking her eye contact. The man repeated the words like a brain washed zombie and then turned on his heel to walk away as if nothing had ever happened. Klaus looked at Caroline. Their eyes locked.

"Aren't you still mad at me?" She began slowly. He stared at her blankly and smiled.

"Well? Get mad at me, yell at me." Caroline said, slightly raising her voice.

"Is that what you want love, for me to get angry at you?" He stepped forward softly. Caroline furrowed her brows and fought back her tears.

"I've pushed you away, I've said terrible things to you. Yell at me Klaus. Get angry with me!"

Klaus held onto her shoulders gently and brushed a stand of hair away from her face.

"Klaus!" She shouted, he knew she was overwhelmed and didn't say a word.

"Yell. At. Me." Caroline demanded as she slapped his chest with both hands over and over until her hands began to hurt. He didn't flinch or move a muscle. Simply because he didn't feel it. Caroline fell into his arms. He caught her and assured her everything would be okay. Carolines emotions were triple that of how she felt as a human, and she didn't know how to regulate them. She was angry, upset, hurt, confused, and the only person she felt safe around was him.