|Chapter Sixteen|

Klaus took Caroline away for the weekend to Liz' old lake house out in the countryside. It was beautiful. The sun shone upon the dewy fields, allowing the rain-droplets to glimmer before they would dry out. It was musty, a warm must that felt comfortable yet not freezing. The birds whistled whilst being sat in the trees and the only form of disturbance was Klaus and Caroline's talking among it all.

"I used to come here all the time as a kid." Caroline sighed. She saw visions of herself running over to the autumn leafs which were on the ground and jumping in them. Her moms voice escaped from the porch.

"Caroline, honey. Breakfast."

"Coming mommy."

Caroline released a tear. Klaus turned to look at her and noticed she was crying. He took his right hand and placed it upon her cheek, wiping the delicate, wet droplet away.

"Hold onto hope, Caroline."

Caroline took a deep breath and ran into the house. It was still solid oak wood and looked as if it was built yesterday.

"Wow." She sighed as she walked from room to room. Klaus followed. Caroline knew something was on his mind, something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. This whole situation just, it's so. Overwhelming. I've never had this feeling before. I've only just come to terms with accepting I am in love with you. But now I am to be a father, it scares me."

Caroline wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him close to her. She loved the smell of his jumpers. "It'll be okay. I'm scared too. We'll get through it together."

"Come on. Let's take a look at the bedroom." Klaus smirked. Caroline's turned her nose up at him and vamped up the stairs before he could say anything else.

He soon joined her and huffed at how amazing the room was. King sized bed, a window, a TV, a sheep skinned rug around the bed. Shelves that withheld treasures of all kinds and the simple oaky texture made it all complete.

Caroline jumped onto the bed.

"Do you think I should tell my mom I'm a vampire before she..."

Klaus stopped her.

"I think you are an amazing girl who always finds the right way to do the right thing. You'll know what to do when the time is right, but for now I'm going to see how this speaker works."

Caroline rolled her eyes. Guaranteed he'd play something she hated.

Eminem; ass like that started to play. Caroline placed her hands to her stomach and furrowed her brows.

"Um. Hello. Baby ears."

Klaus laughed and began to stupidly move around as if he was dancing.

"I ain't never seen an ass like that."

Caroline couldn't help but smirk and join in with the lyrics. She loved a little Slim Shady now and then. Klaus switched it off and turned the volume down as he played some softer music.

"So. You thought of any names yet?" Caroline asked.

Klaus felt butterflies at the thought of being a Dad once more.

"If it's a boy, defiantly Klaus. Jr."

Caroline opened her mouth in disgust until Klaus informed her he was joking.

The hours were flying by as they messed about, listened to music and walked about the area. It was almost 8:00pm. Klaus wondered who had won the games.