|Chapter TwentyThree|

"Elena have you seen Klaus?" Caroline sighed, placing Ivy down as she entered the loud, distracting party hall. Colourful balloons of red, blue and green floated in the air, being held down by clamps or randomly floating. The party food was led neatly on the wooden tables for the non-vampires, along with red solo-cups ready to be used for the flowing alcohol.

"Yeah, he seems stressed. What happened?" Elena asked, trying to be comforting. But what else do you do in an awkward situation? He looked stressed, tense. Like his old self. It worried Elena.

"Nothing, nothing-just."

Caroline was interrupted by Lydia and Stiles, whom were walking over with bright smiles on their faces.

"Hey Caroline, party's almost starting, where have you been. We needed your organisation skills." Lydia smiled, along with a little laugh, hugging her friend tightly.

"Hi Ivy. Alli and Charlie are over there if you want to join them." Stiles pointed, crouching down to Ivy's level.

"Thank you, Stiles." Ivy giggled, running over to the others who were playing with cars and Barbie's.

"Die car die. My vampire doll will destroy your car with one hit." Ivy heard Allison say as she approached them. Ivy hated that Allison wasn't a vampire like her, but amazed by her own power.

"Hey guys. What game you playing?" Ivy smiled.

"Ivy!" Allison and Charlie said, standing up and taking her hand.

"We were just playing a game where my vampire Barbie was about to destroy Charlie's flying car. Want to play?" Allison asked, a mouth full of chocolate cake.

"Of course!"

-

The adults were looking over at them laughing. "Where's Klaus?" Stiles asked. Stiles invited his friend Scott over to Mystic Falls as well. But he wasn't there yet either.

"Klaus, um?" Caroline sighed.

"He went to the bar, you'll find him there." Elena laughed, rolling her tongue over her bottom lip. Great save.

"Alright." Stiles thanked her, walking away with a head sarcastic salute.

"Hey man, what's up?" Stiles asked as he carefully approached the seat next to Klaus. He really was at the bar.

"Just how things have changed. I mean. I miss the old me. I miss the adrenaline and the freedom. I miss killing." Klaus smirked as he saw the worried look on Stiles' face.

"Don't worry, I can control myself. I just miss it."

"Have you talked to Caroline about it?"

"She wouldn't understand. She didn't understand. I'm evil, lets face it. I hate that I'm not in New Orleans with my sister and brother on some killing spree. I miss my old ways."

"Listen, if you need me, Lydia, Elena anyone to babysit Ivy, don't ever hesitate to ask. We're one big family, if you want to go to New Orleans and have a break. You do it. Lydia will speak to Caroline. I'm sure Care will understand."

"She knows I have been off with her.. Would you all really do that for me?" Klaus smiled.

"Of course. You've changed a lot Klaus, we all understand how hard it is for you."

-

"So what's wrong with him?" Lydia asked, trying to calm Caroline's nerves. Hayley approached them.

"Hey girlies."

"Hey Hayley." Lydia smiled.

"He's just off with me recently. He's told me he wants a break." Caroline sulked.

"Man issues?" Hayley asked.

Caroline and Lydia nodded.

"He'll come around, I promise." Hayley smiled.

"Mom, mom! Where's the vampire drinks?" Charlie asked, skipping towards the group.

"Honey, they're in the back room, bring Ivy with you." Hayley smiled.

The girls started to play beer pong. Even Rebekah joined in. Again, the love for humanity killed her.

"Yes! We win!" Hayley yelled with Rebekah and Lydia.

"I call for another round!" Caroline laughed, pulling Bonnie along with her. It was almost time for Bonnie to leave them again. Klaus walked over, a snarky grin on his face.

"Let me give it a shot." He joined Hayley's team and Elijah joined Caroline's for a laugh. Obviously Klaus' team won. His emotional state was everywhere and was driving him insane.

"Caroline. A word." Klaus frowned. Caroline nodded and followed his towards the back entrance.

"I need to be myself again. Like it or not, I want to make sure my sister doesn't fall in love with the wrong guy. I want to kill people and I want to like it without feeling bad that you will be disappointed I-." Klaus sighed.

"Klaus... If that's what you want. Do it. I will always support your decisions, as long as Ivy doesn't know about your murderous lust. Okay? You've done so well. Just don't make a habit out of it." Caroline huffed, holding his shoulder.

"Well, that was easy." Klaus hummed.

"Klaus I've been wondering when you would come around." Caroline laughed, as they walked back into the party hall with smiles plastered onto their faces.

"Rebekah. Kol. Mind if I come with you tomorrow? Caroline is allowing me off my leash for a while." Klaus smirked as he put his arm around his sister and brother.

"That would be great Klaus. We've missed being the 'Originals,' haven't we now Rebekah." Kol smiled. Rebekah rolled her eyes and sighed, drinking her next round.

"Oh, come now. It wont be so bad." Klaus laughed, taking the drink away from her, drinking it himself.

Even Elijah was coming along.

-

"Ivy-Please come here, love." Klaus cooed, open arms. Ivy ran into them and hugged him. "I'm going away for a week, with auntie Rebekah, uncle Elijah and uncle Kol. I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Okay dad, have a nice time and listen, I know mom hates that I know about your lust to kill. But I really don't mind. You go do you dad."

"Now go and play with Charlie and Allison, I'm sure we will be leaving soon. It's getting late." Klaus winked.

"She's so lovely Nik. Looks just like her mother, though with brown hair." Rebekah laughed as Ivy skipped away.

"She's got a hint of devil in her eyes, and that's all me."

-

"Stefan, how you doing buddy." Damon smiled, approaching his abrupt, but calm brother.

"I'm perfectly fine, brother." Stefan replied, looking into the night sky outside. The stars were bright, the moon crescent.

"What you thinking about?"

"Nothing, maybe moving away. Everyone's happy but me. I loved Elena, Damon. She loves you. I need to move on."

"Stef, don't be so glum. There's always another soul mate out there."

"Maybe you're right. But I wont find her sat here doing nothing."

"Stef. When you're ready to return. You come right back here and introduce her to us." Damon sighed, finally letting his little brother go.

"Thanks for understanding. Damon"

And- Stefan was off. A journey to find love again.