|Chapter TwentyFour|

"Goodbye sweetheart. Goodbye, Caroline love. I'll be home soon." Klaus sighed, his heart pounding at the thought of leaving his family behind. Also excited as he was about to become the most feared original ever again.

"They'll be fine." Scott nodded.

Klaus knew Stiles and Scott were best friends, so he just grunted and trusted that Scott would take care of the gang. He was after all, a werewolf. Truth was, no original would be left to protect them. He was worried.

Caroline and Ivy, along with everyone else waved Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah and Kol goodbye.

As soon as Klaus got into the car he felt like he was leaving a piece of him behind. His stomach felt heavy, his heart empty.

"They'll be fine, Nik. Let's enjoy the time as the originals again." Rebekah cooed, as she undone her window to let in some cool air.

"Wooo!" She screeched aloud. Kol joined her, but his head and arm was flung out the window dangerously.

"Come on brother. You need to let lose a little bit. Even Elijah is having fun." Kol laughed, his eyes in the direction of Elijah who was having a blast to the music in the front seat.

Klaus shut his eyes and opened them, his eyes turning golden.

"There he is." Rebekah grinned as her hair flapped wildly in the wind.

"I'm back, and I will be king!" Klaus chuckled, swerving the wheel on the quiet, empty road.

"Woo!!" Rebekah giggled again as they went around in circles and then finally back on track.

"Like that? Just wait until we're there." Klaus smirked.

"Umm, Nik? Not too far though right?" Rebekah gulped, fear crossing her mind as memories and flashbacks of her brother danced in her wondering mind.

"Relax sister. Old times, old times."

A snarky smile was brought upwards in the crease of his mouth, his eyes slightly squinted, still watching the road as a few cars passed the silent road. The music was blocked from his ears along with the broken voices of his siblings chattering away. Even the sun was hiding behind the clouds, perhaps away from his darkness. A few crows were to been seen, croaking in the distance; though nothing else was disturbing the peace of the wind rustling the trees.

They finally came to a stop, outside of the Original manor, the big white building stood tall infront of them as if they had never left as they pulled up. Klaus was the first to tumble from the car, slamming the door shut. New Orleans was a quiet and unusual town since Marcel and Rose disappeared.

"Ah finally home." Rebekah grinned, skipping towards the front door and slipping a special cut key into the oak.

They all ran into the house and separated into different rooms to do there own things. Klaus, on the other hand, stood in the hall for not longer than a few minutes.

The last time he was there, Caroline was with him. This slipped his mind and he shook it off, no Caroline around, no mind needed.

"So, brother. What would you like to do first?" Kol smirked, walking towards Klaus from the kitchen.

"I want- to go the bar- and kill people." Klaus smiled, walking away with no eye contact and up to his bedroom.

When Klaus reached the top of the stairs he listened to Elijah who was talking to Rebekah in the living room.

"Sister, I don't know how long I can keep from Hayley and Charlie."

"Oh but Elijah, they'll be absolutely fine. Isn't it wonderful being together again."

"Yes, of course. But what if Niklaus takes a funny turn to this? He could barely stay away from her last time."

Elijah, obviously referring to Caroline, was weary as he didn't want to upset Klaus. Klaus stopped listening and sighed, cracking his neck side to side.

"I have some fun to attend to." He laughed, craving his leather jacket, tight black jeans and black beaded necklaces. Suddenly, a soft knock was heard from the door. Klaus wanted to be nosy and carefully crept towards the hallway to peer downstairs. Kol opened the door as he was still lingering in the hallway with a glass off bourbon.

"Can I help you?" Kol asked.

"Hi, I'm Camille. Is Klaus Mikaelson home?"

Kol moved his head in the sense to let her in.

"Cami?" Klaus asked, shocked to see her again.

"I thought you moved away?"

"Klaus I remembered everything after you left. Davina came to me after Marcel went missing."

Kol interrupted. "Davina is still in town? Where?" Camille looked at him.

"You'll find her in the city centre."

Kol quickly shot out of the door and went straight there. He hadn't seen her for almost a week since the wedding and the party's after, she came back to mourn her old friend.

"Hi, Cami." Rebekah smiled, open armed. They gave each other a quick hug and Rebekah stood beside her as Klaus carried on talking to her.

"You remember? So everything I told you to forget?"

"Yes..."

"You need to leave Cami. I'm married, I have a child, things are so different."

"You have a child? How is that ev-"

"I don't know! GET OUT!" Klaus yelled. Even Rebekah and Elijah were scared. Rebekah stared at her brother whom was obviously annoyed and watched as Camille angrily stormed out of the house.

"Something you need to share Nik?" Rebekah asked. Elijah walked out of the living room to see what the fuss was about.

"Nothing. I'm going out." Klaus spat as veins grew big under his eyes.

"Klaus!" Elijah shouted as they both followed after him.

"That was something I haven't seen for years." Rebekah cried, as they tried to catch up.

"Only for Caroline, sister. He's a mad man all over again. I wonder if he even knows her the way his brain reacts when he's like this." Elijah sighed.

-