Chapter 29

"W-what? T-that-- no, really?" Rose whined, she had completely forgotten about it. Heat would occur within a couple months or so after meeting your mate and it would last a few days. And the thing with it was that the day you get it and lose it would be the day you get it again next year, and the year after that..and the year after that so now you know when's a good time to try for a family. 

She'd heard the stories about females being on heat and she didn't like them, not one bit at all. The only positive things about it is that it lasts for a couple days only and happens once a year and your aloud to take the days of from school. The bad things....well the list is long; you have to watch out for other un-mated males, there's pain if your not with your mate. It's basically a way of speeding up the mating but it doesn't have to happen, well not unless you want it too. 

Rose plopped down on the bed, sighing in defeat. She even had to sit on her hands because she felt the need to run her fingers through his lush, luxuriant locks, down his toned back to--- Ahhh it's definitely starting she thought to herself.

"Baby, you might want to stop squirming like that or I wont be held responsible for my actions." Cameron strained out, even his voice made her squirm--

"Ahh? you know what, I just think that I'll go for a quick shower.. A very cold shower." She mumbled the last bit but he must of heard because he chuckled oh great, Roses cheeks lit up as bright as a Christmas tree. 

"Okay. I'll ring Headmaster Dean to tell them that we wont be attending." Cameron said already at the door.

Rose isn't to positive but she swears she heard him say "And take a cold shower also." quietly before he was shut out by the sound of the front door banging shut.

Smiling to herself, she went to the closet and quickly grabbed out a pair of sweats and undergarments before entering her bathroom, in which she proceeded to take a cold shower for a good 5 minutes before she couldn't handle the coldness anymore and changed the water temperature to hot. That is definitely better, she thought to herself and she started to scrub her body.

It was 10 minutes before she exited the bathroom, steam following her out to see that Cameron hadn't returned to the room yet. Hmm, he must be still showering Rose thought. 

Making her way out of her room, she walked out to the small kitchen and grabbed a family sized chocolate bar from the fridge, not even bothering to look at what flavor it was. She moved to the couch and turned the TV on, just in time too because Heartland re-runs were on. This will do just fine Rose thought as she placed the remote down and started eating the block to find out that it's black forest flavoured.

She got down to the last two rows when the door started opening, She expected Cameron because another 10 minutes had passed since she had gotten out of the shower but to her surprise Selena, Lydia, Peta and Jake walked through the door each couple clasped together as if their life depended on it. 

"Umm, what's going on?" Rose asked sceptically.

 "Well long story but the short version is its the same as you." Jake replies walking over to a vacant couch with Lydia in tow. The followed by Peta and Selena, the only difference with them was Selena sat on Peta's lap. 

Ooooo she's getting confident, Rose thought to herself laughing on the inside. She started thinking about where Cameron could of gotten too when Selena said something to Rose.

"If your wondering were Cameron is, he said he was going out to pick something up. I don't know what though but he'll be back soon." And as if on cue, the door opened to reveal Cameron.

"Hey, were did you go? I thought you were just--" Rose cut herself of once her eyes landed on the KFC bag.

"What's in there?" She questioned pointing to the bag and getting up.

"We'll I thought you might be hungry, so I went and got you some chicken nuggets and potato & gravy because i know you love them." Cameron said shyly, a faint blush lighting up his cheeks before he walked the rest of the way to Rose, handing her the bag before sitting on the chair Rose had just gotten off, pulling her down beside him.

"Man, you are so whipped!" Jake exclaimed laughing along with Peta. 

"It just means he really loves her, going out of his way to please her." Lydia said.

"Yeah, any girl would want that." Selena said going along with Lydia.

That stopped Jake and Peta's laughing as they took in their mates words before they excused themselves and ran out the door, Peta almost knocking Selena off in the process because she was still sitting on his lap. 

"And they call me whipped,"Cameron said clutching his stomach, tears rolling down his face as he laughed and it wasn't long before all us girls joined him.

"It didn't take the guys long before they came back, their arms filled with a variety of different food choices.

"We weren't too sure on what to get so we kinda got it all." Peta said walking over to Selena as Jake walked over to Lydia. 

They turned around to give Cameron and Rose the stink eye as they both made a whipping noise while Lydia and Selena just started in on the food.

And that's how the rest of our day was, filled with food, movies and talking. What a great way to spend the day, it couldn't of been better.