Late Night Introductions (Part 5)

A/N: PART 5 IS HERE! This might just be the last part. I just don't know how to continue this story anymore and this kind of feels like a good (although a bit lame) way to end it. I don't know about you, though... Hopefully you like this part.

Warning(s): Some swearing, some angst and reader gets a little tipsy 

A few days after you came back from the mission, you had gone to Steve, asking to talk to him privately which he agreed to immediately as he noticed the sad look in your eyes. You barely showed any weakness or sadness around your teammates, so when you did, everyone knew it was something serious.

You and Steve went to his bedroom and sat down on his bed. Steve gave you a worried look as his brows furrowed, creating a crease on his forehead. "What's up?" He asked.

You kept your head low, picking at your fingernails as you thought of what to say to him. "Steve," you started out slow, clearing your throat as you continued, "I want to go on a solo mission again." You got straight to the point.

Steve gave you a slightly confused look. "Why?"

You swallowed the lump that had appeared in your throat before speaking up again. "I just miss the long-term missions, that's all."

"Y/N," Steve said with a tone that was used when knowing one was lying.

"I just-," you started but your voice cracked slightly. "I can't be around him." You said quietly as tears formed in your eyes.

Steve looked at you sadly, placed a hand on your shoulder which made you break down. Tears started to fall down your cheeks and Steve pulled you in for a hug. You sobbed quietly, barely letting any sound as you cried into his shoulder. "It's just too hard." You muttered.

Steve shushed you while running his hand up and down your back soothingly.

Steve nor anyone had ever seen you so hurt and broken. From the way you were acting, anyone could tell that the break up had taken a toll on you like nothing ever had.

"We'll figure something out." Steve said as he kept his arms around you comfortingly.

***

After the talk, Steve went over to Bucky who had been cramped up in his room for the past few days. Steve knocked on the door thrice, "Buck, it's me." He called out, searching for any kind of noise from the other side of the room. "Can I come in?" He asked, still not hearing a single sound.

As Steve was about to turn the door knob, the door opened from the other side, revealing a tired mess of a man, hair tousled, dark circles under his tired eyes. Steve clenched his jaw at the sight but tried not to show any reaction. "Can I come in?" He asked again.

Bucky moved to the side, motioning for Steve to come inside which he did. Bucky closed the door behind him and flicked off the light that hadn't been on for a while.

"How are you doing?" Steve asked as Bucky sat down on the edge of the bed.

Bucky sighed and ran a hand over his face, "Not good." He said honestly before looking back at Steve.

Steve nodded, "Can you tell me exactly what happened?" He asked.

You nor Bucky had really talked about the break up with anyone. What the others knew, was that the failed mission triggered the fight.

"The mission was unsuccessful, completely my fault, I can't argue with that." Bucky started, feeling guilty. "She got mad, cursed me out and somehow the fight just went off topic and we started to fight about every little thing we've ever bickered about and—" He stopped to take a deep, slightly shaky breath. "I started yelling back at her, it was just a yelling match, furniture got destroyed, things were being thrown at each other..."