Run (Part 3)

A/N: LAST PART. Hope you like it! Also, this might be the last Bucky imagine for a while, I have a couple of imagines of other characters, about three. After that, I think I'll be ready to start taking requests again.

Warnings: just a tiny bit of angst

Sitting inside a cafe while looking outside through the window, you watched people passing by, some in a hurry, some just taking their time, enjoying the warm sun shining upon them while striding along the street.

You would have loved to go out and enjoy the warm sun but you were inside a cafe, waiting for a drink while keeping one of your hands in your pocket, feeling your phone between your fingers. The phone was like a comforter to you, you knew Bucky was one call or a text message away. Knowing you could get a hold of him that easily brought ease to your mind. Yet, you hadn't called him nor had he called you.

You took the phone out of your pocket and placed it on the table in front of you, looking at it with a frown on your face. You let your fingers rest on it for a while, pondering over whether to take it and call him or not.

"I think you need an upgrade on your phone." You heard the waitress say, interrupting your intense staring contest with the outdated piece of technology. You looked up and let out a sheepish chuckle, pulling your hand away from the phone and turning your attention to the drink she brought you. 

"I really don't, but thank you."

"Really?" She asked, surprised. "You don't think you should get a smart phone? Everyone's got one nowadays."

You shook your head, smiling politely. "Trust me, this is all I need," you said and took the flip phone, showing it to the waitress, "At least for now."

The waitress gave you a questioning look but she shrugged. "Alright, then. Enjoy your drink."

So you were left alone again, now with a drink to accompany you. You wrapped your hands around it and took a sip, your gaze falling back down to the phone as you placed the drink back on the table. You brought your fingers to your mouth, biting your nails as you once again stared at the phone.

You hadn't heard from him for a few weeks. You were worried of what might had happened to him. You had seen the news after a couple of days since you had left Germany. They had interviewed Secretary Ross and he had told the world that Steve and Bucky had gotten away, also someone had gotten into the Raft and let out the others that had been put behind the bars. You had a strong feeling the two super soldiers had something to do with it but you hadn't heard more about it.

You knew the reason why you hadn't called, you didn't want to bother him. He had told you to call him if you ever needed to but... you didn't really need to. You weren't in danger, nobody had publicly said you were being looked for and you were laying low for the time being, made sure to dress so you could hide your face if you ever felt the need to, just in case. You took the advice Bucky had given you. You always had a cap and sunglasses, the "perfect disguise".

Of course you wanted to call him. You missed him a lot. The thing was, he had told you he'd call you when the time was right, when he had dealt with the situation he was in. He hadn't called you, not even sent a little text telling what was going on with him and the situation he was in. You had thought about calling him but never did. What if he was in a life or death situation? You couldn't just call him because you missed him.

Sure, he wouldn't have the time to actually answer if he was in a fight at the moment but he had problems to deal with, telling him you missed him wouldn't help at all.