Lost Years (Part 9)

A/N: I know, it's been a long time. I'm so sorry. Writer's block is a bitch and also, I've been feeling a little low lately. Over the past few days, I've been able to write a little bit, this only includes Lost Years. I have some parts ready but they need to be read through first. I'm going to try and force myself to sit down and write other requests before I post the next part for Lost Years. Even if I can't seem to finish another request, I'll post Part 10 next week, I promise. You guys have been waiting for too long. I hope you like this part! I swear things are going to get more interesting as the story goes on. Something is about to happen, I'm not going to tell you what, it's a surprise... Not a happy one... Okay, anyways.. I hope you enjoy part 9!

Warning: fluff

Hearing whines and huffs of frustration from the other side of the door, you chuckled at the image of Tanner and Ava fighting over her getting dressed. You had laid out some clothes ready for Ava and asked Tanner to help her put them on while you were getting ready yourself. As you were done, you exited the bathroom to see Tanner rolling his eyes while sitting on the ground, he turned around to see Ava running into her room.

"I hate children," he muttered angrily while getting up from the floor.

You chuckled, shaking your head. You crossed your arms and leaned against the wall while smiling at him, amused by his annoyance. "Kids can be a handful."

"Especially when they seem to hate you," he chuckled, looking back to see Ava coming out of her room. She glared at Tanner angrily before walking past him and crashing her small body against your legs.

"Well," you sighed and leaned down to pick her up, kissing her cheek. "She takes on after her father," you told Tanner, that amused smile still on your face.

Tanner glared at you playfully but smiled as well.

"Let's go get you dressed," you said to Ava before nuzzling your nose with hers.

You took her to her room and dressed her in the clothes easily. You started walking out of the room and saw Tanner standing in the door way with his palm up towards the ceiling as a confused gaze took over his face. "You made it seem so easy!" He exclaimed rather dramatically.

"Well, she is my daughter, I know how to handle her pretty well," you said and turned to your daughter again. "Isn't that right, Ava?" You asked, bouncing her in your arms.

She smiled while placing her fingers in her mouth, giggling. Your smile widened and you took her hand in yours, kissing the back of her soft hand. You walked out of the room, feeling Tanner's eyes on you as you walked into the living room. You picked up your phone and saw a text from Bucky telling you he was already on his way.

"You're wearing perfume," Tanner observed as he walked past you and sat down on the couch.

You turned to him, raising a brow. "Yeah, I am. So?" You asked, putting your phone in your pocket.

He smirked, running his tongue over his teeth. "You don't usually wear perfume." He leaned forward, breathing in. "Smells good."

"Thanks and again... Yes, so?" You asked, waving your hand as if telling him to get on with it and spit out what he was thinking.

"You're wearing it for Bucky, aren't you?"

You pursed your lips, shrugging. "I just felt like wearing some—"

"Don't bullshit me, Y/N."

"Language!" You whispered, mocking shock as you covered Ava's ear with your palm and pressed her head against your chest. "And I'm just wearing some perfume because I want to—"