Lost Years (Part 13)

A/N: Not much happens in this part. I mean these people are still obviously struggling with what happened and I don't want to ignore it as if they've forgotten about it all together. I'm still figuring out what to do for the next part but... soon you're gonna see how this all is affecting Bucky. Most of the attention has been on the reader lately and I think seeing Bucky's POV could be interesting, so I hope that's something you're excited for.

Warning: a bit of angst but also a bit of fluff. (basically Lost Years in a nutshell)

Standing next to the coffee maker while your fingers wrapped around the handle of the pot, your eyes stared out of the window ahead of you. All you saw were green fields, agents training outside, shooting targets hundreds of feet away. You couldn't hear any shots, though. Fortunately.

You absentmindedly grabbed a coffee cup from the counter and started pouring in some of the freshly made beverage. The black liquid filled the cup as your gaze got caught by two agents sparring together. The way they moved so effortlessly, blocking each other's strikes while trying to make some of their own fascinated you. You found yourself wishing you would be half as good, have great reflexes like theirs. You wished your mind would register attacks just as fast as them.

Suddenly you felt the steaming liquid pouring over the cup and touch your hand. You yelped, dropping the mug in shock. It shattered on the ground and you heard a gasp behind you.

You turned towards the sink to run your hand under some cold water and glanced over your shoulder, seeing the young woman called Wanda. You immediately took notice of her surprised gaze. You opened your mouth, stuttering. "I-I'm so sorry," you apologized, running your hands over your face as you looked at the mess beneath your feet. "I don't k-know what came o-over me."

You put the pot back and hurriedly crouched down and began gathering the small sharp pieces with your bare hands. They shook as you carefully tried to pick up the biggest shard with your finger tips. You gathered the pieces in your hand and moved away to find more of them only to step on one and cut the bottom of your foot.

You cursed under your breath and quickly setting the broken pieces aside, wiping your palms on your pants. You turned around, seeing some droplets of blood on the floor and you ran your hands over your face again. Tears of frustration began forming in your eyes as you tried to keep your breathing even and calm.

"Hey," Wanda's sweet voice called out, accent thick as she spoke lowly. "It's okay," she whispered and walked closer, moving her hands as she swiftly moved the glass aside with her powers.

You stared in awe as the shattered pieces moved across the air with a red hue bouncing along. You looked at Wanda, seeing her irises turning red. She had a relaxed expression on her face, something quite the contrary to yours.

She was done quickly, gaze falling down to your foot and the floor with bloodstains in between the tiles. She looked up to you and sent you a small smile. "I'll be back," she said quickly before getting out of the room.

You grabbed a paper towel and wiped it on the bottom of your foot, getting rid of the excess blood. You folded it up and pressed it hard against the wound. You leaned back against the counter and let your head fall back, slightly hitting the cabinets. You closed your eyes and inhaled sharply, letting the air out in frustration.

Soon Wanda came back with disinfect and a band-aid in hand. "Sorry, this is the first one I found," she apologized sheepishly as she showed you the band-aid with Disney princesses on it.

You chuckled but it sounded quite painful. You shook your head and said, "It's okay."

Wanda handed you the bottle of disinfect and the band-aid and you quickly cleaned the wound and covered it. You made sure to place the band-aid as smoothly as possible but of course wrinkles appeared, your hands were still shaking quite a lot.