Chapter 19

Chapter 19 – Edited by TheNightSky

Zen was feeling so happy the next morning. He never felt better in his life. He was eager to get to the office and look for Dee Dee. He was going to find out about Scha’s love interest. Dee Dee will definitely tell him about it, he’s sure about that.

He was singing and humming happily on his way to the hotel where Luna was staying. He’s meeting Luna for breakfast as usual. It has been his routine ever since he and Luna pretended to be a couple. What more after Scha rejected his love, Luna has been there for him through everything, giving him all the encouragement and assuring him everything was be going to be fine. Zen chuckled, Luna was right. Everything will be fine especially once he has the confirmation from Dee Dee.

Luna went down to the lobby to wait for Zen. Zen was really down yesterday; he talked about Scha the whole day yesterday and kept telling her how hurt he felt when Scha was avoiding him. She really hopes Zen feels better today and he soon will forget about Scha. She didn’t blame Zen for still feeling the hurt because it’s still early for him to forget about the rejection. Hopefully he will eventually forget about it and Scha and really move on. She will be there at his side all the way to help him. Hopefully he will realise the truth about her feelings and return her feelings.

She saw him walking into the lobby looking smiling away looking happy. Weird she thought to herself. Has he forgotten about his heartbreak? Has he decided to forget about what happened and move on?

Zen saw her and ran towards her hugging and kissing her cheek, “Good morning Luna. You look beautiful as always,” he greeted her.

She returned his smile and looked with amazement at him, “Wow, you look cheerful today.”

“I’m so happy today,” said Zen, “Let’s have our breakfast and I’ll tell you all about it.” He grabbed Luna hands and walk towards the coffee house located in the hotel itself.

After taking food from the buffet, Zen relates to Luna everything about him and Scha. He told her about the “Mr Anonymous”, the poems and the e-mails.  He also told her what he found out last night. He was so preoccupied of telling Luna about it that he failed to see the sadness in her eyes. Her hope to have him dashes again, she thought. Zen is still in love with Scha and with the information that Scha might be in love with the “Anonymous” him has somehow boosted up his confidence not to give up.  She realised that no matter what, Zen would always have Scha in his mind. He will never stop thinking about her no matter how much Scha had hurt him

“Are you sure that it you who Scha talked about?” she asked him.

“I’m not that sure,” Zen admitted, “But I’m going to find out from Dee Dee and I know Dee Dee will tell me the truth. If it’s really me, then, I’m going to pursue her. I’m going to make her fall deeply in love with me,” he told her firmly.

“What will happen if it’s not you?” asked Luna concernedly, “You’re going to be hurt again.”

“Yes I will be,” he said softly, “But at least I will know for sure that she’s really not in love with me and I will have to accept that.”

Luna gave him a weak smile, “I just don’t want to see you get hurt again Zen,” she told him, “No matter what happens I’ll always be there for you and if the guy is really you, I’ll promise to help you to get her.”

“Thanks Luna, I know you will,” he said kissing the back of her hand.

After breakfast, Zen went off to his office. He realised Scha was not in her office.

“Where’s Scha?” he asked her assistant, Julia.

“She had a breakfast meeting with Mr Monroe again,” she told him.