Chapter 22

Chapter 22 – Edited by TheNightSky

Dee Dee came into Zen room and informed him, “Scha is calling in sick leave. She told me she’s having migraine and not feeling well. She’s gone home directly.”

“I guess it best that I get going and see how’s she’s doing,” he stood up from his chair smiling at Dee Dee.

“Yeah, you better,” she chuckled. “Good luck.”

“Thanks” he nodded and walked out from the office.

He and Dee Dee had expected Scha would do that. She would definitely feel disappointed when the guy that she’s yearning for is going after someone else. She would be feeling depressed and frustrated when her love is not returned. She must have felt the same hurt that he felt when she rejected him. He and Dee Dee didn’t mean to have revenge on her but that’s the only way they could think of, to make her accept him. That’s the only way to show her that he will always be with her no matter what.

He rang the doorbell once he reached her apartment. Nearly 10 minutes later he heard the door click indicating someone trying to unlock the door. Sure enough it was Scha. She opened the door just enough for her to peek through and sees who. She was shocked, seeing Zen standing at her door with a bouquet of Peach roses in his hand.

Zen looked at her and smiled, “Hi, Scha, can I come in?” he asked.

She returned his smile shyly and unlocked the chain at her door, opened it wider to for him to come in, “Yeah, sure come in,” she said softly, still shocked to see him at her door because she never expected him to come at all. He looked dashing as always, Scha thought and realised how much she missed those dashing looks. He wore the blue stripe shirt she gave him last Christmas. His hair look messy as if he had been combing it with his fingers way too much. Maybe he was nervous to see and talk to her again.

“Dee Dee told me you’re having migraine. I know how bad your migraines get so I’m here to see how you’re doing,” he said smiling sweetly at her and handed the flowers to her.

She took it from him, inhaling the scents and smiled, “Well just a slight one. I have taken my pills,” she told him as she led him towards her living room.

“You should rest. You shouldn’t work too hard,” he said sitting down on his favourite sofa. Yeah, he has a favourite sofa in Scha’s apartment and Scha had never allowed anyone else to sit on it.

“Don’t worry, I’m resting,” she told him while arranging the flowers in a glass vase, “You want anything to drink?” she asked looking at him.

“Don’t worry Scha, I can get it myself. I know my way around the house, remember?” he said to her, “Unless of course you don’t me to treat it like my own house anymore?”

“Of course I still do,” she scolded him, “What makes you think I won’t allow it anymore?”

“Well, you haven’t been treating me like your friend lately,” he pointed out looking directly at Scha.

She blushed, ashamed with her owns attitude towards him. Biting her lips she looked down at her hands and playing with her fingers. She’s speechless doesn’t know what to say to him.

Zen stood up from his sofa and walked towards Scha. Putting his hand under her chin, he lifted it to face him, “I missed you Scha,” he said. “I missed doing all the fun and annoying stuff with you. I missed hearing you whining and complaining and most of all I missed laughing with you. I miss us being – together.”

His words made Scha flush. His words were so sweet, it would be romantic if the words came from a lover, thought Scha, but Zen is not her lover. She’s rejected him remember? She told herself. She had rejected this wonderful and amazing guy.