Chapter 8: The sin of Wrath

I pushed the two large doors with all my strength as it was really heavy. I entered the library and saw Namjoon sitting on a chair near the first shelf. 

"Oh, You're here. " Namjoon noticed me and closed the book he's reading. I nodded as I walk to him and sat on the chair across his table. 

"So from where do you want me to start explaining?" He asked. "Tell me about this place first, about the underworld." I replied.

"Underworld is a place where the dead and evils reside specially demons like us. Well it's a common knowledge I suppose you know about that as a former human?" He asked. I nodded.

"But you should know that there's more than that. Underworld is so vast that no one had truly see the boundaries of it. Unless one becomes the King of the Underworld "Lucifer." Let's just say that we, the seven sins are the candidates for that throne. Each of us have our own domains in the underworld and we deal with the souls of the sinners according to which sin was committed."

"I see, so that's why you guys are all busy." I stated. 

"It's a part of our responsibilities as the rulers of hell. Aside from that, we also protect hell from holy invasions. He continued.

"Holy Invasions?" I asked. "Just like hell exist, so does Heaven." He answered. I nodded and he continued.

"Now let's talk about you. You were chosen as the Queen of the Underworld by the prophecy. You see, demons are chaotic creatures and a confusion was created because there was no absolute ruler in which the prophecy professed that a Queen shall be chosen and the one to marry her will become Lucifer of the Underworld. And that is you."

"So that's why I was summoned here. But did I hear it right? I would have to marry one of you?" I clarified. 

"Yes. That's what the prophecy said and marrying you would create an absolute leader among all the demons of hell." He answered.

"But why me? Of all Humans, why me?" I asked curiously. "That's what I'm still trying to figure out. But I'm sure there shall be something about you special that qualifies you as a Queen." He explained.

"One more thing, You shall be formally crowned as a Queen to awake your powers as another ruler of hell." He added.

"Oh the crowning ceremony?" I asked. "Yes, we should held the crowning ceremony as soon as possible so the other demons of hell can recognize you as our Queen." He replied.

There's a lot of things I discovered today. I'm starting to get headaches from all of this but I knew this is my reality. There's no escape routes for me. I never knew I would end up in here and my memories from the human world are starting to get blurred. As I was thinking deep I heard Namjoon called me.

"Queen, Are you okay?" He asked worried.

"I am fine, it's just that there's so many things I discovered today. I flashed a weak smile.

"I understand. We'll give you enough time to think. Just tell me when you're ready for the crowning ceremony. We'll prepare everything." He assured me.

" But please don't forget that you cannot say no to this. This is your responsibility as the Queen." He added.

I silently nodded. "You can always come here to search for answers and ask me things if you need help." He said. 

"T-Thank you, Namjoon. I'll surely comeback." I replied as I stood up and bid him my farewell.

He opened the door for me and bowed.