17. Mistletoe [B.A.]

Mistletoe
{Barry x Reader}

You walked into the West household, the smell of pine and sweet treats filling the air immediately. From the doorway you spotted Barry, your handsome boyfriend, sitting on the couch with a beaming face. This was the first time Christmastime you were spending together as a couple, after now dating officially for one month. Of course, you'd known Barry for years though, being Green Arrow's cousin and all. "Hey, Y/N!" He grinned. In less than a second, he flashed to your side, holding two cups of steaming hot chocolate.

"Barry Allen, you're perfect," you smiled, your mouth watering at the sight of chocolately goodness. You reached out to take your mug, but he pulled away.

"Hot chocolate in exchange for a kiss, Y/N. Gosh." Barry chastised, looking up. You followed his gaze, a bit surprised to see a green little piece of mistletoe hanging above your heads.

You rolled your eyes, but happily leaned in for a soft kiss against Barry's lips.

"Oh, you two, get a room. Thank God that's the only mistletoe in this house." You pulled away, your eyes widening as Iris walked down the stairs. You weren't aware Iris would be around today. Your heart jumped a little at the thought of Barry being alone with the girl he pined after for years and years. Iris was just teasing you though, a small smile on her face.

"Funny," Barry said quietly, moving you two out of the doorway. "What are you doing here, Iris? I didn't even see you come in." He handed you your mug, leading you back over to the couch he was on before. Iris stood by the coffee table, watching.

"The Christmas party is tonight, Bear," Iris laughed, "I got out of work to help you decorate. I was just changing upstairs."

Barry frowned, "Oh, that's nice of you. It's just I promised Y/N she could help me."

"Hey," You quickly said, placing your mug on the table, "The more the merrier, right?" You offered a smile, looking over at Iris. You still weren't completely sure about how Iris felt about you, but you did want her to like you. Even if she was Barry's past crush, she was still his best friend. If she didn't like you, you could imagine it would definitely make things hard between you and Barry.

"Right." Iris smiled back, but looked over at Barry. "Barry?"

"Right," Barry agreed. "Uh, I guess we can get started right now." Barry stood up again, and disappeared for a few seconds. When he came back, he was holding a huge box filled to the brim with Christmas decorations. Their tree was already up and decorated, but the Wests kept some other decorations for their parties, too.

You guys stayed in the living room, unpacking the festive things. You guys pulled out red and green candles, Santa themed throw pillows, a snowman covered blanket, little reindeer trinkets, and other cute holiday items.

"We never decorated much in my house," you murmured, holding up a tiny clay deer. "I like that you guys do."

"I'm glad," Barry laughed. "I love Christmas decorations." You nodded in agreement, watching Barry pull out a few mugs with snowflakes and Santas on them along with an adorable snowman shaped potholder.

"Oh, those are great," you gushed, reaching for the mug shaped as Santa's face. "I'm going to go put these things in the kitchen for you."

"I'll help," Barry offered, grabbing the potholder and some other mugs. When you reached the kitchen with your mugs in hand, Barry was already standing there, his mugs put away, the potholder hanging nicely from the stove. You laughed, shaking your head at Barry's impressive metahuman abilities.

"How lucky am I?" You joked, reaching the mug cabinet. You started putting the mugs away, as Barry came up, hugging you from behind. You closed the cabinet as Barry's arms tightened around your waist, his face snuggling into your neck.

"I'm the lucky one," Barry whispered.

You sighed, taking in the smell of Barry
and the proximity of you two. You'd never get used to dating the most perfect guy alive, that you knew.

"Y/N?" Barry whispered.

"Yeah?"

"You've got to kiss me again." You chuckled, looking up. Sure enough, another mistletoe was hanging above your head.

"Hm," you sighed. Barry's grip loosened, letting you turn around to face him. You pressed your mouth to his, kissing him gently and quickly. You pulled away, and he let his arms drop from around you.

"I love mistletoe," Barry sighed happily, shaking his head. You laughed, completely agreeing with that statement. You moved past Barry, heading back towards the living room again. But, within the blink of an eye, Barry was standing before you in the dining room.

"What are you doing?" You asked curiously, stopping in the dining room.

"It's tradition," Barry said, pointing up at the ceiling. You looked up again, only to find mistletoe hanging above you two again.

You narrowed your eyes as Barry took steps to you, closing the gap between the two of you. "I thought there was only one mistletoe in this house?" You asked as Barry put his hands on your hips, staring down at you.

"Don't question the mistletoe," he smirked. He leaned down to you, bringing his lips to yours once again. You kissed back for a few seconds, before pulling away. You stepped out of Barry's grasp, walking back to the living room again.

As soon as you stepped foot into the room, Barry was standing right in front of you again. "Y/N," he grinned.

You looked up, seeing the green plant hanging again. You furrowed your eyebrows, your mind putting together the pieces of Barry's silly game. "Oh, very funny, Allen," you laughed, crossing your arms. "That's where all this mistletoe is coming from? It's just the same one!" You shook your head in disbelief. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Iris watching you two.

"Barry, why do you keep moving the mistletoe?" Iris asked, staring down her best friend.

"To get the most kisses. Duh." Barry answered, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, boy." Iris sighed. "I'm going to get the other box. Please stop being gross when I'm back, okay?" She smiled kindly at you guys, before heading back up the stairs.

"One more kiss," Barry pleaded, walking towards you. "You have to."

"One more," you settled with a nod. Barry quickly reached you, and before you knew it, his mouth was moving against yours once again. You let him kiss you again, loving every second of it.

When your lips finally unlocked, Barry rested his forehead against yours.

"I love mistletoe, too," you chuckled, looking up into Barry's bright, mesmerizing eyes.

• • •

author's note | it's not even christmastime and i don't care bc mistletoe & barry allen!!!! fluff is great guys!!!

as always, thank you for reading! and please vote/comment/add this to your reading list if you're enjoying! every little thing means the absolute world to me. have a wonderful day, friends!