55. Ice Queen | requested [B.A.]

Ice Queen{Barry x Reader}

Ice Queen
{Barry x Reader}

It had been nine months and fourteen days.

Nine months and fourteen days since my hands were too cold for others to hold, since my lips turned blue, since Barry Allen had fallen into the fatal coma, changing everything I knew about my world. I was different - I was dangerous, and Barry, the only person I'd ever trusted with everything, was gone. And I had to fear for nine months that he might never return.

But two weeks ago, when Barry's eyes flitted open and he made a beeline for Jitters, where Iris and I worked, something inside of me clicked. I had changed and been given an icy heart, and Barry had woken up with no side effects after being in a coma for nine months.

"Barry, stop it, you shouldn't be helping with the dishes," I warned, shaking my head as I wiped down the dishes from dinner at Joe's. Everyone had gathered for another one of our family dinners, and being Iris and Barry's longtime best friend, there was no question of me being invited. I was apart of the family.

"What, why not?" Barry laughed, wiping off the wet counter with a rag.

I rolled my eyes, snatching the rag from him, being careful that our skin wouldn't touch.

"Well, frankly, you shouldn't even be able to walk right now." I shook my head, my eyes raking Barry's body.

"What, checking me out, Y/N?" Barry chuckled, crossing his arms.

I snorted, shaking my head, but turning away so he wouldn't see my completely embarrassed expression. "What's there to check out, Bartholomew?"

Barry's eyebrows furrowed, as he shook his head. "Actually, I have abs."

I laughed loudly at his stupid joke, "Okay, sure, Barry. Because coma patients wake up with abs."

I wiped down the last of the dishes, placing them
to finish drying. I turned to look behind me as I heard Joe and Iris' foot steps coming into the kitchen.

"Thanks for cleaning up, kids," Joe smiled, clapping his hands together. "It's just like old times again."

I brushed my hair out of my face, smiling at the happy family in front of me. "It really is. I love this," I beamed. I hadn't felt this happy in a long time. "As much as I love this, I do have to head home now. I'm opening at Jitters tomorrow."

Iris winced, "Tomorrow's my day off. Have fun." She leaned over, giving me a side hug goodbye, as I made sure none of our skin touched together.

"I'm sure I'll visit you before work," Joe said, patting my sweater clad shoulder. "Thanks again for helping with dinner."