29. My Boyfriend's Brother - Pt. 1 | requested [G.G.]

My Boyfriend's Brother
{Grant x Reader}
requested

I knocked on my boyfriend's front door with one hand, as the other pulled my jacket tighter around me, the chilly night air dancing across the bare skin of my hands and face. Usually, I'd just walk right in, but I knew this week his brother was visiting. I had only met his brother a few times before, and even though we got along incredibly well every time, I didn't want to just barge in.

I watched, relieved, as the door opened, revealing a handsome smile behind it.

"Thomas, hey," I sighed in happiness.

"You know it's Grant," he laughed in return, stepping aside and letting me go inside to the warmth.

I nodded, "I do, but I just love messing with you." I laughed softly, watching as Grant's own grin widened, covering his whole face. He shut the door behind me, shaking his head in slight amusement.

"Tyler's just in the kitchen making popcorn. But, hey, come here," Grant chuckled, pulling me into a bear hug. Grant was a really sweet guy, and even though we didn't really know each other all too well, I still felt comfortable with him. Which was great, because I felt as though he liked and accepted me, which was what I wanted from my boyfriend's brother.

Grant pulled away from me slowly, lightly rubbing his hands against the cold material
of my jacket, kindly attempting to warm me up. "It's great to see you again, Y/N."

"It's good to see you, too. How have you been?" I answered, his hands falling away from my arms. I looked to him as I pulled off my jacket.

"Pretty good," Grant shrugged. He took my jacket from me, placing it on Tyler's coat rack without missing a beat. "I've missed you, Y/N."

"We've missed you, too," I replied honestly. Tyler hadn't shut up about his brother's upcoming visit. The brothers had a great friendship and bond. Tyler's love and care for his brother only made me love him more, too.

"Is that Y/N?" I heard Tyler's voice coming from somewhere down the hall. Tyler appeared around the corner, a goofy smile planted on his face. "Ah, Y/N and Grant, my two favorite people." He walked towards us, quickly engulfing me in a tight hug and kissing me for a second. As he pulled away, I saw Grant's blushing face out of the corner of my eye. He had always come across as Tyler's adorable and dorky little brother, and that's one of the things I knew I adored about him.

"Ready for the movie?" Tyler asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Of course," I beamed, "I absolutely love Christmas movies. And you never want to watch them."

"It's one thing we really disagree on," Tyler frowned in disgust. His arm slipped away from me, as he headed down the hall and back to the living room. "But you and Grant are both Christmas fanatics, so we're watching one tonight."

I glanced back at Grant, who shrugged helplessly. "Thanks for letting me join your movie night."

"Oh, no, thank you. There's no way I would get Tyler to watch one without us teaming up on him." We followed Tyler into the living room, where a giant bowl of popcorn awaited us and a stack of Christmas movies sat on the middle table.

"What's this about teaming up on me?" Tyler joked. I looked back at him, letting out a laugh and patting his shoulder.

"Nothing to worry about," I promised, wearing a deceiving smile. I fell onto the living room couch, ready for my first Chirstmas movie night with the Gustin brothers. Tyler sat close to me on one side, and Grant took a seat near the edge on my other side.

"Well," Grant sighed, reaching for the stack of Christmas movies to chose from, "Let Christmas movie night commence."

- - -

We had made it through Elf, Home Alone, and now the first Santa Clause movie was nearing its end. I looked over to see Tyler's head lolled to the side, his eyes shut and his mouth hanging open just a little. I moved the fuzzy blanket that was covering us both over to him, gently drapping it around him.

"Tyler got lucky, huh?" Grant asked in a whisper. I looked over to him, a small smile playing at my lips.

"You're really sweet, Grant," I sighed.

Grant's green eyes shimmered in the dim lighting of the room. He moved closer to me, sitting just a few inches away now. "I try," he whispered, licking his lips. "But it's not hard when it comes to you."

My breath hitched, as I leaned away a little bit, my eyes wandering from his eyes to his mouth. "What are you...." I trailed off, unable to think straight with Grant's face so close to mine.

He finally leaned back too, his eyes squeezing shut as he brought a hand to his hair, tugging at it lightly. "I'm sorry, I don't know," he breathed out, "I'm just tired." His eyes opened, a dragged sigh escaped his lips.

"It's alright," I assured him. I rested my hand on his, giving him a slight nod. "It is really late. I should probably head home now." I stood up, rubbing my face with my hands, feeling my own tiredness hit me like a pound of bricks.

"Okay," I heard Grant mumble.

He walked me to the door, grabbing my wrist as I reached for the handle to leave. "Again, I'm sorry if I... did something.... wrong," he muttered, his eyes searching mine in the dark hallway, moonlight the only thing lighting up the small space.

"Hey, it's really okay," I promised, "It's late. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He let go of me and backed away, "Yeah. I'll see you then." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, nodding in return.

I left Tyler's house quietly, driving home to my own in silence. That night when I fell asleep, the last thing in my mind was Grant's face, cascaded by shadows of moonlight. In one night, one moment, one thought, he'd gone from Tyler's adorable, dorky, younger brother, Thomas, to the handsome, charming, and completely off-limits, Grant Gustin.

He was going to be a heartbreaker.

• • • • •

author's note | hey, guys! this is a requested one shot for Scarlett_Speedstrs and thank you for it!

also when i wrote it, it ended up being longer than most of these, so it will be split into two parts! the next one will be the continuation of this.

also, don't forget to go check out the first few chapters of Between, my Barry Allen fanfiction story! i'm super excited about it, and you should be, too ;) there's a lot of familiar faces which is always a lot of fun haha

also, for you american readers, happy early thanksgiving, considering i probably won't be posting tomorrow. i hope you all have a wonderful holiday with plenty of family and friends and food :)