37. Why Can't We Be Friends? | requested [B.A.]

Why Can't We Be Friends?{Barry x Reader}requested

{Barry x Reader}
requested

"Hey, Y/N, I need to head to S.T.A.R. Labs. Cisco has something important to show me," Barry spoke, his eyes glued to his phone. My shoulders slumped, my head lolling onto his shoulder as I snuggled closer into him on my couch. "I know I promised you a movie night, but we can do that after instead. Or, better yet why don't you come with me?" Barry's eyes lit up at his own suggestion as he stared at me, waiting.

I bit my bottom lip, shaking my head slightly. "Yeah, Bear, I don't think that's a good idea. Just come back when you're done." I moved to stand up, but Barry's quick reflexes caught me in his arms, holding me down.

I looked to him as he wore a weak grin, shaking his head. "You haven't been to the labs in forever, Y/N. It's like you're avoiding everyone."

I gulped, plastering an innocent look on my face for his sake. "I'm not avoiding."

"Y/N, we started dating one month ago and I don't think you've been to the labs since then. That sounds like you're avoiding someone there." Barry asked, his eyebrows furrowed at me. Did he really have no idea?

"Okay, maybe I'm avoiding," I frowned, crossing my arms. "But I think it's better this way."

"Why?" Barry questioned quietly, rubbing a hand up and down my arm gently. His eyebrows were knit together in confusion, his pure innocence being shown.

"Everyone's always there, Bear," I sighed, "You know, everyone."

Barry's face dropped, "You mean Iris?"

"Well, Iris hasn't talked to me since we started dating," I said, raising my eyebrows. "But Caitlin, Cisco, Wally, and even Joe keep saying things about it - about us. They don't exactly want me there anymore." It was the truth. Barry's friends, who were once my friends, turned their backs on me ever since Barry finally got over Iris and started dating me.

"That's not true!" Barry answered quickly, shaking his head, "No, no, Y/N. Everyone loves you, whether you're my girlfriend or not. And I will prove it to you. Okay? Let's go, Y/N. You're coming."

I didn't get to answer, because next thing I knew, I was scooped up in Barry's arms and being moved faster than humanly possible. Within seconds, I was standing inside of S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry dropped me right outside the cortex, and smiled down at me.

"What did I say about running me places without asking?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at the speedster. I began fixing my hair and straightening out my clothes. Super speed wasn't the best thing for a good hair day, or your favorite outfit.

"Never to do it unless it's about to save your life or to bring you to get food," Barry sighed, "But this is important, so." He grabbed my hand, dragging me right into the cortex. I let out an annoyed huff, but had no choice but to follow him in.