46. Scarlet Speedster's Sister | requested [B.A.]

Scarlet Speedster's Sister{Barry}requested

{Barry}
requested

I took small steps forward, trying my best to remain as quiet as possible. I was nearly certain Barry wouldn't be here at three o' clock on a Monday. As much time as he spent here, I did know he had a job at the CCPD that required him being there at times. There really wasn't much of a reason for sneaking around if Barry wasn't here, but somehow it made all of this feel like some sort of mission. Something that Barry would never let me actually go on.

I reached the doorway to the S.T.A.R. Labs cortex, hearing familiar voices drifting through the hallway. To my excitement, I didn't hear Barry's. I burst into the room smiling brightly, grasping my backpack's straps and pulling it tightly to my back.

"Hey guys!" I beamed. Cisco, Caitlin and Jay looked to me, their faces immediately reading surprise. I definitely didn't come around often enough, apparently.

"Y/N, hey," Caitlin frowned slightly, walking over to the main desk. "What are you doing here? Barry's not around."

I held up my hands, nodding. "Oh, yeah, I know."

"And he would kill you for being here right now," Cisco added, crossing his arms from his seat at the desk. "You better get your little self out of here before he runs in."

I rolled my eyes, dropping my bag into the chair next to him. "Barry doesn't get to make all of the rules in my life," I reminded them. "This is probably where I'm safest, you know."

"Where metahuman attacks happen weekly?" Cisco questioned, furrowing his eyebrows and shrugging slightly.

I huffed in annoyance at my older brother's friends. Cisco was great and everything, but sometimes he could be such a know-it-all. Something told me he didn't like Barry's fifteen year old sister hanging around the labs, anyway.

"Stop it, Cisco," Caitlin warned with a sigh. "If Barry's okay with you being here, so am I." She smiled sweetly at me, although it was a bit hesitant. We all knew Barry wasn't okay with me being here; but what he didn't know wouldn't kill him, right? I didn't understand why he had to be so overprotective anyway. He was The Flash. I didn't need to worry when my big brother was a superhero.

"Barry's overprotective for no reason," I sighed, plopping down in the seat. "Besides, Cait, I could really use your help with my science homework." I pouted up at her.

Caitlin's face softened, and she nodded. Cisco just let another laugh, shaking his head. "Barry could help you with science homework back at the Wests' house, you know."