54. Worth More | requested [G.G.]

Worth More{Grant x Reader}

Worth More
{Grant x Reader}

warnings:
eating disorder theme

Nobody ever notices pain, unless it is inflicted upon them.

Nobody ever notices the broken, until they are the one in pieces.

Nobody sheds a tear for the ones who hide their lives away, in a pain that most don't understand, until they are finally the lonely ones themselves.

Or so we think. Sometimes people are just quiet, and we don't realize that the people we love cry themselves to sleep because of how we're falling apart, or they pray to a God they may or may not believe in, all because of us. All because we're lost in our own world. Remember that.

The person I never in a million years thought that would care for me again, and my problems, was the one to help pull me out of them.

Because, I learned, that no matter who you are or what you do, pain and sorrow and insecurities touch the poor, the weak, the strong, the famous, the invisible, and everyone in between. Note to self: please remember that you are not alone.

My heart was something many don't understand, but think that they do. And because of this, I feel as though I'm lucky that I found someone that didn't try to claim they know exactly what I'm going through - but instead they just offered a shoulder, they offered help, they offered me comfort instead of their own sob story.

He was an old friend. Somebody I thought didn't care for me anymore, because well, he has this insane life of things I could never live up to. And, me? I'm just me.

I was sort of the invisible type. I blend into the wallpaper and the background, and sit through short conversations with meaningless 'I'm good, how are you?'s and on to the next person. I stood against the wall of the party that night, a cup of mind numbing liquid in my hand, continuously fixing my short dress that seemed like a good idea until I actually wore it in front of people.

It was in one of those moments when my eyes scanned the rooms, watching the pretty girls dance with the handsome guys, not a care in the world, that my gaze landed on somebody I never thought I would see again.

"Grant," I whispered to myself. I wasn't prepared for this. I hadn't seen Grant since he landed his role on Glee, and went on to rule the TV world. When I heard that Grant might actually come to this party, I didn't believe it. Grant left us all to live his life of fame and, what I thought, was a perfect life. But yet, here he was, walking through the crowd, shaking hands and giving pats on the back to all of these people he hadn't probably seen in years.

My hands instinctively tightened around my cup. I never thought about what I would do when I saw his face again. The face that left me, abandoned me, and the face that I once loved. I turned to leave immediately, not wanting to have an awkward run in with an old friend and crush after all of these years. I wasn't ready, even after all the nights I'd gone to bed hungry to wake up beautiful, or all of the flaw covering makeup I'd slathered on before coming here.