44. A New Year's Kiss [B.A.]

A New Year's Kiss{Barry x Reader}

A New Year's Kiss
{Barry x Reader}

I could tell you nearly every detail of New Year's Eve. I could tell you the color of my dress, the flavor sparkling water I'd downed all night, every person I'd talked to at the party, the song that played at 11:57, and which appetizer Iris finally decided on bringing at the Central City Picture News 2017 Kickoff party. The one thing I couldn't tell you, though, was who in the world I kissed that night.

When Iris, one of my best friends from work, said she was actually going to the work New Year's Eve party, I was surprised and pretty bummed about it. It turned out our boss wanted to work on the "bonding" aspect of the company, and booked Jitters as the venue for the employees and as many people they wanted to bring along. I wasn't really into it, thinking it'd be sort of lame to celebrate the new year with your co-workers. I like Iris, and all of our mutual friends, though, so when she said they'd all be attending, including Barry, I told her I'd be there.

Barry Allen was as charming as could be, with his bright eyes, sweet words, and mysterious atmosphere. There was something strange about him, and I couldn't put my finger on it. It was a quirky and odd strange, and my curiosity of Barry Allen drew me to him. But frankly, I had no idea how he felt in return.

"Are you only going to the party because Barry's going?" Iris questioned after I'd confirmed I was going to the work party. One of her perfect eyebrows was arched at me, her arms folded over her chest. "Ever since you guys have met you've been attached to him."

I smiled, knowing I couldn't honestly deny anything. Barry became a close friend, I enjoyed spending time with him, and I wouldn't mind it being something more. "I'm really into Barry." I laughed, "I'm not sure if he actually thinks of me the same way, but what's a better time than New Year's Eve to find out?" My quiet laughter faded, turning back to the pile of work on my desk. My plan might be a disaster, but it was the only one I had.

"I guess you're right, Y/N." I could hear the grin in her voice without even looking at her. "I'm proud of you. Finally taking the steps that Barry's too afraid to take, you know?" She sighed to herself, and the conversation was over. It was official - this New Year's I was finally going to do something about this whole Barry Allen thing.

I picked up Caitlin and Cisco the night of the party, because I knew I'd end up being the designated driver. Caitlin was not a good drinker at all, and Cisco had been going through a lot, meaning it might be his night to cut loose and turn to a bottle. I didn't mind looking out for them - that's what friends do, anyway.

Jitters was jam packed, and looked like more of a real party venue than a coffee shop. The lights were dimmed, with sparkling, gold and silver decorations livening the place up. People were dressed to the nines, smiling and chatting, obviously excited for the coming year.