42. Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes Pt. 2 [B.A.]

Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes Pt

Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes Pt. 2
{Barry x Reader}

December 23, 2017

Barry's apartment was quiet. Tomorrow evening it would be bustling with friends and family for Christmas Eve, but tonight, it was all ours.

I had let myself in, spotting Barry immediately from his position on the couch, where he was scrolling through his phone. At the sound of the door shutting, he looked up to see me, holding a freshly baked fruit cake.

"Oh, hey, Y/N," Barry beamed, getting up. "Merry Christmas Eve Eve."

I grinned back at my best friend, setting down my fruit cake on his living room table. "Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you too."

He eyed the fruit cake, a pleased sigh escaping his lips. "I think this is the best Christmas tradition to ever be invented. I've been waiting since the day we met to eat your fruit cake again."

I laughed, shaking my head at him. "Well, first, get the milk. And, honestly, I'm just happy this year we aren't doing it because of broken hearts."

He nodded in return with a small smile. "No, but we're still both single." He shrugged helplessly, before flashing away with super speed to his kitchen. I rolled my eyes, still trying to grasp the fact that Barry Allen was The Flash. I'd known for about eleven months now, ever since Barry declared I was his best friend a few weeks after our second failed date. I adored Barry, and he made the perfect best friend.

He returned back shortly, holding a mug in each hand. "For you." He offered me a mug, a cute one that was my favorite color and something he'd bought specifically just for me to keep at his apartment. He was thoughtful like that, in his little, sweet ways.

We plopped onto his couch, ready to stuff our faces with fruit cake.

"Want to watch a Christmas movie?" Barry suggested, looking over at me.

"Do you even know me?" I laughed loudly. "I always want to watch Christmas movies."

Barry rolled his eyes, nodding. "Yeah, yeah. You're the only one I know who keeps watching them straight through the spring." He flicked through the choices, settling with some romantic, Hallmark Christmas movie. I smiled at his choice, secretly in love with the fact that Barry was always down to endure those cheesy, romcoms with me.

We sat through the movie, enjoying the film, the cake, and each other's presence. I could never get tired of hanging out with Barry, no matter what we were doing.