22. What You're Not Saying - Pt 2. [B.A.]

What You're Not Saying
{Barry x Reader}

Finally, you were out of surgery. It had not been that long, but for Barry, it felt like an eternity. When the doctor came out to talk to Barry and your friends, Barry literally leaped out of his chair, eager to see you.

"Everything went perfectly. She's going to be fine. She's just under the influence of a lot of pain medicine right now," the doctor explained, "So please be careful and considerate about that. But you guys are now free to go see her."

Barry was the first to make it to your hospital room, of course. Caitlin, Cisco, Joe, and Iris followed behind. More friends and family were still on their way over. When Barry spotted you in the hospital bed, looking sound asleep, his heart almost stopped. He paused in the doorway, watching your peaceful, pretty frame through watery eyes. He'd give anything to be able to always see you like that - safe.

"How's she doing?" Barry turned to see Joe and the rest of them behind him.

"She's resting," Barry sighed, looking back at you.

"She looks so..." Cisco trailed off, shaking his head.

"Peaceful," Barry finished. The rest of them nodded in agreement. They slowly walked in, not wanting to disturb you. You deserved rest after such an awful past few days. Barry pulled a chair next to your bedside, while the others stood around. He reached out a hand, placing his on your limp one. The touch caused your fingers to move slightly.

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, your head lolling to the side that Barry was on. The first thing you saw was Barry's soft smile. And that was the perfect first thing to see.

"Hey beautiful," Barry croaked. You felt something squeeze your hand, and it only took you a second to realize it was Barry's hand on yours.

"Oh, Barry," you cooed immediately, sitting yourself up. You looked around you to see the familiar faces of all your friends. Your mouth pulled into a happy smile at the sight of all of them. "Friends!"

"Calm down," Barry chuckled lightly, reaching an arm around you. He steadied you, helping you lay back down. "You just got out of surgery, Y/N. You need to rest."

"Surgery?" You asked, your eyes going wide as saucers. "That's so cool!"

"It is not cool," Barry scoffed, "You scared us all."

Your face softened, and you shook your head. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Caitlin replied, approaching your bedside. "You're doing better now. How do you feel, Y/N?"

"Great," you grinned, trying to sit up again. But Barry's strong hands held you down, an amused smile on his face.

"What?" Barry asked, feeling your stare on him. "You need to rest, remember?"

"Your smile is so nice, Barry," you sighed. "It's so nice. It's great." Your friends all let out laughs, to which you looked around, remembering there were other people in the room.

"I'm happy to see you doing well," Cisco smiled, "We all are."

"Thanks," you nodded. "Can I ask a huge favor?" You crossed your arms, looking at everybody's faces.

"Of course," Iris nodded, "What do you need, Y/N?"

You raised an eyebrow, studying each of them. "I want pudding. Don't hospitals give you jello? I don't like jello. So I want pudding." You rambled on, just causing more laughter. But honestly, you didn't understand what was so funny.