36. Playing The Part | requested [G.G.]

Playing The Part{Grant x Reader}requested

Playing The Part
{Grant x Reader}
requested

"Yo, yo, yo." The obvious voice of Grant Gustin filled the air. I spun around on my heels - because apparently my character wears heels out in the dark when a terrifying villain is prowling the city streets - and came face to face with my co-star. My hands slammed right into Grant's chest, startling us both. Our noses almost bumped, as our eyes widened at each other.

"Did you really just say yo, yo, yo?" I chuckled, pulling myself away from him and trying to recover. I'd been on The Flash since the start of season two, but I just couldn't seem to stop being awkward around Grant. The awkwardness seemed to be reciprocated. But, it was a friendship, nonetheless, and a friendship I genuinely loved. I had been playing Barry Allen's college best friend for a year now, so Grant and I had spent a lot of time together bonding and getting to know each other. I felt as though I was really one of Grant's best friends now.

"Did you really just run into me?" Grant asked, raising an eyebrow at me teasingly.

"You ran into me, dork," I smiled, shaking my head. He looked dorky, wearing his Flash suit. But somehow, he made the red leather look cute.

We were the last ones to film tonight, and all of our friends had gone home. It was just Grant and I left of the cast, getting ready to perform one of our most important scenes together.

"Yeah, sorry," Grant shrugged helplessly. "So, are you ready to confess your love for me?"

I laughed, rolling my eyes. "It's not my love. It's Jane's. You wish it was me, though." I looked back into Grant's eyes again, a familiar set of eyes that I'd been forced to stare into longingly many times before. He was grinning back at me, making my heart melt. I hated that. Liking co-stars never ended well, and I didn't want to ruin my quirky friendship with Grant. But all because Jane was in love Barry, meant that I slowly started falling in love with Grant.

"You're right," his words caught me off guard, but he kept going, "But when I kiss you passionately in a few minutes, know it's Barry, not me."

"You sure about that?" I joked back, raising an eyebrow at him, still thinking about the first part.

"Uh, I mean..." his eyebrows furrowed, "Why wouldn't I be? Do I have a reason not to be?"

I could feel my cheeks heating up, like I'd been called on in class and didn't know the right answer. Could Grant see right through my facade? Could he see that behind all of my dumb jokes I really did like him? That during every single one of our movie nights I was more fascinated with him than the movie playing? That I could not wait to film this scene - to pour out my heart to him without actually laying everything out?

"Y/N, Grant, to your places, please!" I heard someone call out. Without an answer from me, we headed off to our marked spots on the black street.

In this scene, Barry was about to run after a metahuman who was rampaging throughout Central City, destroying everything in his sight. It was a dangerous fight, and what's the best thing to do in preparation to fighting a crazy, super-powered man just waiting for your blood? To kiss your best friend and confess your love, of course. If this was real life, and Grant was putting himself in danger, I would probably tell him my true feelings. But this was a television show, and Barry would be okay, and Grant wasn't put into danger everyday.