35. Another World Pt. 2 [B.A.]

Another World Pt

Another World Pt. 2
{Barry x Reader}

"It's like I'm remembering... another life," he said slowly, looking at me to see my reaction.

My breathing hitched, my mind clouding over with memories that weren't mine. Barry, standing in a red suit. Barry, fighting off people with strange, dangerous powers. Barry, stuck in a nine month coma while I waited by his side impatiently. Barry, the night of the particle accelerator explosion.

This, right here, wasn't my life. This sure as anything was not Barry's life.

My eyes adjusted again on Barry's face, tears building. "Another life?" I asked quietly, my mouth going dry.

"I know, insane, right?" He chuckled nervously, shaking his head. "There's just one thing that really sticks out, you see. I keep thinking about it, it's like I can't get away from it, Y/N. And it's driving me through the ceiling."

He remembers. He remembers that he was once The Flash, the fastest man alive. He remembers that used to be able to walk normally, to run - that he used to have both of his legs and use them to superhuman capabilities. I could feel my own tears springing, but I refused to let them go. This was not my time to cry.

"You're remembering?" I pried, wanting Barry to continue. I didn't know how we were here, or why, but I knew that if Barry remembered, things would somehow fall into place.

"I am." He nodded, studying my face, "Do you...?" He trailed off, watching me with cautious eyes.

"Visions," I spoke softly, "I'm having visions of another life. And, last night, a dream, I think. It felt so real."

His hand between us was shaking now. He quickly grabbed his hands together, as if to steady it. I huffed, shaking my head at this unexplainable, unbelievable predicament.

"I don't know how we got here," Barry said quickly, biting his bottom lip. "But I think we're from somewhere else, maybe another world or something, I have no idea. And maybe acknowledging it can be the first step to fixing... it."

Acknowledging it. My best friend, Barry Allen, was about to admit to being The Flash, a hero I knew, but a hero that didn't exist. I nodded at his words, readying myself for the confession of a lifetime.

But instead of speaking, Barry himself moved forward, pressing his mouth onto mine without hesitation. He kissed with a passion I didn't understand, as if he had kissed me before. To my knowledge, Barry and I had never kissed before, nor had we ever thought about it. But, nonetheless, he tried to deepen the kiss, his hands moved, one hand cupping my face while the other made its way around my torso. I leaned back, releasing my lips from his.

"What was that?" I begged, my eyes wide as saucers.

Barry leaned away, too, dropping his hands. "I thought - you said that - and I - and my dream, oh my gosh, no...." he stammered, unable to form a complete sentence.