Chapter 2

chapter 2! I'm really excited for this story. And thank you so much to all you guys reading, I really appreciate it. Enjoy. (Isn't Thomas so handsome lol)
______________________

As we entered the house I was blown away by the detail and the beauty of it.

I heard Lord Grantham chuckle.

"Does it compare to Buckingham?" I tore my eyes away from the house to look at him. I smiled.

"Far better, I must say." They all laughed at my response.

Lady Mary and Lady Edith went their own way, as did Lady Sybil after she gave me a kind smile and a goodbye.

I can tell she has a loving heart, I think me and her will get along just fine. Lord Grantham said his goodbye as well then it was just me and her Ladyship.

She smiled as she walked up to me, she grabbed my hands.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here with us my dear. This is your home now too. So feel free to explore and do as you wish." She finished with a smile.

"Thank you, Lady Grantham." She chuckled.

"I know you're trying to be respectful my dear, but you can just call me Cora." I smiled at that.

"As long as you call me Lilly."

"It's a deal." We both laughed as I saw two of the hall boys take my things upstairs. Just then Anna came up to me.

"I'll take you to your room milady." Cora squeezed my hands before speaking.

"I'll leave you to it then." She let go of my hands and walked away. I turned to Anna as she motioned towards the stairs.

"this way, milady." And up we went.

~~~~

I walked into my room to see my things stacked up at the foot of the bed. the bed was sat against the wall by the door with the fireplace on the wall to its right.

There was a full length mirror in the corner and a vanity sitting against the wall in front of the bed. The room wasn't to big and it wasn't to small, it was a good size. Perfect actually.

"Is there anything you'll be needing milady

"Is there anything you'll be needing milady." I turned around to face her, giving her a smile,

"No thank you Anna, I'm quite good at the moment." She curtsied then walked towards the door. As her hand turned the handle I spoke.

"And Anna?" She turned around.

"Yes milady." I fiddled with my hands.

"You don't have to call me milady, you can just call me Lilly. I can tell we're going to be good friends." She smiled brightly.

"Of course, Lilly. I'll send Gwen when the gong rings."

I smiled at her as she left the room. I turned around and examined the space. I laid my hat on the bed along with my coat. Walking over to the window, I leaned against it and looked out and saw nothing but green. No cobblestone streets, no cars, no people or buildings, just green.