Chapter 6

About freaking time right? Lol, I'm so sorry I'm a slow updater.
________________________________

Walking into the dinning room, I see Robert at the head of the table. Edith to his right and Mary to his left. Mr. Carson walked in carrying a letter. He handed it to Robert. I walked over to Sybil who was getting her breakfast.

I walked up to her as she smiled. I grabbed my plate as she went to go sit by Edith. I smiled at Mr. Carson as I put my food on my plate. Surprisingly he smiled back, not a big smile, but it was good enough for me.

I picked up my plate and went to go sit by Mary. Edith smiled at me, I wished her a good morning. Mary took a sip of her drink.

"Who's that from, Papa? You seem very absorbed." He didn't take his eyes stay from the letter.

"It's from your Aunt Rosamund."

"Anything interesting?" Asked Edith. He looked up from the letter to her.

"Nothing to bother you with." He continued to read.

"Poor Aunt Rosamund." Said Sybil.

"All alone in that big house. I feel sorry for her." She took a bite of her food.

"I don't." Mary Said "All alone, with plenty of money, in a house in Eaton Square? I can't imagine anything better." She took a sip of her tea. Robert angrily slammed the letter into his other hand.

"Really, Mary, I wish you wouldn't talk like that. There will come a day when someone thinks you mean what you say." Edith looked from Robert to Mary.

"It can't come soon enough for me." I rolled my eyes as she took another sip of her tea. Edith had a not so pleased look on her face, Robert did also as he got up out of his seat.

"Carson, I'll be in the library. Will you let me know when her Ladyship is down?" Mr. Carson bowed.

"Certainly, milord." Robert tossed a letter into the table.

"Sybil, Darling, this one's for you." He then left the room.

Edith picked up the letter and handed it to Sybil. I took a bite of my eggs as she opened the letter. She quickly opened it, once she had opened it and read it, she was grinning from ear to ear.

I picked up my glass. "Good news?" I asked taking a sip of my tea.

"Very good news." She folded the letter and grabbed the envelope then left the table. Leaving me alone in the same room with Edith and Mary.

~~~~

After finishing my letter, I folded it and stuck it into the envelope. Putting on my coat and hat as I made my way down the stairs.

As I walked into the foyer I heard yelling. I walked towards the kitchen and stood by the doorway. "Problem? Who mentioned a problem? How dare you say such a thing in front of her Ladyship!" Said a fuming Mrs. Patmore to Daisy.

"Very well. We'll try it another time, when you've had longer to prepare. We'll stay with the raspberry meringue." Cora said reassuringly.

"And very nice it'll be, too."

"I'm sure." Cora looked from Mrs. Patmore to a frightened Daisy to Mrs. Hughes. Mrs. Hughes and Cora walked out of the kitchen.

They didn't notice me standing there as they talked. "I'm so sorry about that, M'lady." Said Mrs. Hughes.

"Never mind, I was asking a lot." She looked towards the kitchen.