Chapter 27

My babies!!! Aside from Thomas of course lol. I hope you guys enjoy. And thank you all for the lovely comments, I always look forward to reading them when I update😊
________________________

We all sat in the church as Mary and Matthew practiced walking down the aisle. "Can we get the troops organized?" Mr. Travis asked as everyone has to walk up the aisle again.

"That means me" Robert said as he stood up. "It seems rather hard on poor Travis when he's doing all the work but the Archbishop gets all the glory" "Papa was the one who wanted a Prince of the Church. I'd have settled for Travis" Mary said truthfully to her mother.

"Is there really no way we can get Sybil over? It seems rather ridiculous" Mary said to her father. "On the contrary, it's a relief" I rolled my eyes.

"Branson is still an object of fascination for the county" Matthew whispered to his Mother who was stood in front of me. "We'll ask him here when we can prepare the servants and manage it gently" Robert told his family as he walked back up the aisle.

"He's making a problem when none exists. No one could care less were Branson at the wedding or not" "You must think country life more exciting than it is of you imagine people don't care when an earl's daughter runs off with a chauffeur" Matthew told his mother.

"Well, the fact remains, she has run off with the chauffeur and they'll have to deal with it" I grinned at her comment. "Mr. Travis, are we ready?" Asked the Archbishop.

"Any moment, your Grace, any moment" Mr. Travis replied as he rushed down the aisle. "Can we? Please?" Mary linked arms with her father as they walked down the aisle for the hundredth time.

~~~~

"That treacle tart just hit the spot. Thank you, Mrs. Patmore" Mr. Carson thanked her as we sat at the table. "So Mrs. Hughes and Anna are getting the place ready to let?" "That is the plan" Mr. Carson answered her question.

"I'm surprised Anna held on to that house I thought they confiscated the profit of murder" Thomas commented as he took a bit of his food. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Mr. Bates had the wisdom to transfer it to her before the trial" "I don't this if have allowed it, Mr. Carson" I glanced towards Thomas.

"Then we must all be grateful you are not the presiding judge" "Still think it's funny given that he's a convicted murderer" I kicked bus shin under the table, he side glanced to me.

"May I remind you, Mr. Barrow, that in this house, Mr. Bates is a wronged man seeking justice if you have any problem with that definition, I suggest you eat in the yard" Mr. Carson scolded as he laid his napkin on the table and got up and left the hall. Mrs. O'Brien and I looked to Thomas, he clenched his jaw then took another bite of his lunch.

~~~~

"I suppose you agree with Robert" "Then not far the first time, you suppose wrongly" Lady Violet told Mrs. Crawley as the four of us sat for tea, Cora sat beside me on the sofa.

"The family must never be a topic of conversation" "I'm afraid Sybil's already made the Crawley's a permanent topic" Cora told her mother-in-law.

"All the more reason. If we can show the county he can behave normally, they will soon lose interest in him. And I shall make sure he behaves normally because I shall hold his hand on the radiator until he does" Cora and I smiled at that.

"Well, I don't k ow this young man said from "good morning" or "good night" but he strikes me, as a very interesting addition to the family" said Mrs. Crawley.