The Confusions

Maheswari sat in her room thoughtful as her husband entered. Rajasekhar Varma looked at his wife. He knew she was disturbed very much these days. She was from the day the alliance of Suman and Murali was fixed up. She was not convinced to proceed with marriage without seeing the girl, speaking with her.

But then it was he who had finally convinced her as the family was good, the girl was beautiful and what did Maheswari wanted to ask anyway. She had asked Renuka. Renuka had said yes. She had asked Vindhya, Vindhya too had said yes. They were also Suman's age when they came as bahu's to this house. Only difference has been Suman has gone to college, while both Renuka and Vindhya had stopped after 12th. Renuka had told her interest to study further. And Tilak had helped her enroll in IGNOU and she completed graduation. Vindhya was happy the way she was. Well it was expected that the lady knows enough to teach the kids. That was what they checked for all their bahus.And girls can they have something beyond what their parents tell. Well groomed girls never had. For that matter was it different for boys in his family. All the boys knew the limits. He has been very particular about that to everyone. Tilak, Sudhir and Murali had been to hostels. But they married as per their family's wish. It will not be different for Sreedhar. Rajasekhar varma smiled when he thought about his youngest son. His apple of the eye. If there was one child in the house against whom he had never taken stick that was Sreedhar. Most disciplined boy. Not once the teachers or principals had called him in office to complain about Sreedhar .A straight A grader, well behaved always smiling and always there to help someone. His pride. It has to be the world's finest girl who should be becoming his bride." You have come " Rajasekhar Varma was bought out of this thoughts by his wifeHe went and sat beside her in the bed " Maheswari now what is it. I know Murali's death has deeply affected you. And you are still in confusions. See Maheswari we had looked at the horoscopes, the marriage happened in the appropriate muhurat as told by the priests. You know that after what happened I had taken Suman's horoscope to atleast 6-7 noted astrologers. They have all told one thing. The girl's horoscope has no indication of widow hood. She has sowbhaya yoga and everyone is puzzled why Murali died that too on the wedding day. Also we have done all possible for the girl. She is kept with respect here"" Exactly that is what is worrying me too dear husband. Her so called Sowbhaya yoga. You know what happened today. I went to puja room and suman was cleaning. Kumkum box accidently tipped and the kumkum fell straight on her maang. It was her maang perfectly filled as if she is not a widow. I don't know what I am missing. But one thing I know Suman has much more things buried inside her heart than what meets the eye. It is not just the sorrow of her husband's sudden death or her widow status. But a girl who doesn't mind stones pelted on her or any kind of abuse in her sasural has seen something else. I had told you to make more enquiries on her family."" Maheswari it was an accident that happened to Murali. We had accepted it. And the kumkum felling is also an accident. Why are you thinking so much. The Rajput family has a huge social standing from the time of my father. If I had a daughter I would have obviously tried to give her to the son of that family. And look at them. Suman was in college hostel. How many families give their daughters such opportunities. And whatever Suman told that day, you might have heard half, not other half. See the girl is in trauma. Doctor had told us right. The societal conditions can induce trauma in her. And now I feel you are also in trauma. Making mountain out of mole hill. Now don't think too much. Just sleep"Maheswari was not satisfied. Was it just her confusion. Her overthinking or there is more than what meets the eye. She knew there was no point arguing with her husband now. She switched off the lights.