Request for help

So Jethji is going to get help from those tribal people bhabi" asked Suman

" I guess so Suman. Sudhir very much thinks about family. He had married me also for family" told Vindhya

"Married you for family, so he doesn't love you bhabi "queried Suman

"Nothing like that Suman. He loves me. But in his own way. Not the way Sreedhar loves you. In college Sreedhar might have bought you flowers, chocolates, dresses etc as gifts and if everything goes fine and you both get married on every occasion he might shower you with special gift after gift and put a red carpet for you whether you want it or doesn't want it, Sudhir doesn't do that. But then if I am unwell one day and if he had to sit up late in the night to give me medicine he will do that. He has done that. If I go about talking like this he wouldn't give a damn, but believe me if I am silent one day Sudhir will notice that. You know Suman that I can never have another child and Sudhir had always wanted a boy. Any other man would have gone for another woman to get a male child and if the family doesn't allow for second marriage would have berated me or mocked at me for not able to bear a male child. But Sudhir's behavior towards me before Nami's birth and after Nami's birth was same. Sometimes his friends taunt him for not having a son. You know what he says. He tells he doesn't want to stand in front of labour ward once again with the doctor pushing the form at him and telling choose between mother and baby. He has a child and that child needs the mother and he needs his wife. He doesn't want to go behind what he doesn't have leaving what he have. And believe me I love him exactly for that. For cherishing the present" told Vindhya. Suman held Vindhya's hand. " Thank you Bhabi for trusting me and opening up to me like a friend." Vindhya patted her cheeks. " Now go sleep. Let me go to Nami. If she wakes up in middle of night and doesn't see me she will start crying" Suman nodded.

A man and woman accompanied by some drummers and people bringing diyas came to the entrance of the habitat.

The lady took the thali and took the aarti of Sudhir and Sreedhar together and put thilak too and asked them to come.

" Sudhir saab who is this and why so suddenly at night " asked the man

" Goraji this is my youngest brother Sreedhar and Goraji I have come to end your complaint that I am not giving you chance to help me. I have come here to request urgent help Goraji "

" Help Sudhir saab, come to our house and tell us what is the issue"

Sudhir and Sreedhar entered Goraji's house. It was made of mud with thatched roof, but was spacious. Sreedhar looked around and found all the houses were in that habitat were like that, only difference was Goraji's was bigger house and others were comparatively smaller.

Sudhir told Goraji about Sreedhar's noble mission of supporting the kids to give dignity of life to widows and for that how his family was attacked by thugs. He said till the issue settles down he would need protection for his family from Goraji's men. He said it can be long term, maybe for a year or even more than that. He also said he would only prefer warning and not life threat for anyone. Only in extreme cases they need to use their methods.

" Sudhir saab this is all you want. The time period doesn't matter to us. We will take rotation. Just wait for sometime. I will make all arrangement now itself. Goraji mentioned something to the man standing there. "

" Sudhir saab I have called a meeting now of the tribe. Meanwhile please take food, he indicated to the fruits his wife had kept for them"

Sudhir and Sreedhar smiled at the lady and thanked her. Sudhir asked about Goraji's son. Goraji told he had slept. If he wants to see he will awaken him. Sudhir told no need, let the child sleep.

Soon the meeting was called. Sudhir and Sreedhar saw a well packed hall. Sreedhar was surprised at the code of conduct of these people even at midnight as per chieftain's command. He knew if their community meeting was called like this for some urgent work half the people wont turn up.

Goraji explained the whole issue to everyone. He told. You all very well know how Sudhir saab has helped us. Now his brother is on a noble mission and some people are threatening him and his family. We need to ensure that none in the family is hurt. We need to have 2 people for the house, 2 people for office and 2 people for the school where the children are studying. So from tomorrow 10 people has to available everyday to take charge. At home and office we will have morning shift and night shift. School only morning shift. Please note we will only do warning. Only if we see threat to life for anyone we will use any other method. So may I know who will be the 10 people for tomorrow. Many hands went up. Goraji looked at people and picked the first 10 and gave them orders.

Sreedhar asked do they know the place. Goraji told " Beta we don't live in city, but that doesn't mean we don't know city and people out there. We know it very well as we always have to safeguard our people especially woman folk from the attack of city people. City people even cheat our girls. Tell they love, have fun, make them pregnant and go away. We always have to deal with such men. Get them and give them punishment. We don't send our girls to city. Even single mothers are taken care here only. These men will tell they will marry the girl to escape the punishment. But we are not fools to send our darling daughters to city men who are sure to abuse them more. Only in very selective cases where we very much trust the boy we do that. So we all know city. You don't worry"

Sudhir thanked Goraji and as they walked back Sreedhar looked back at that simple habitat and thought are these people progressive in or the so called civilized society that oppress woman for one reason after another progressive. He wished their society was also more accommodative towards woman like these tribes.