Your Sumi

Maheswari did the morning pooja. All the family members were there. After the pooja she took the thali in which Suman's saree and jewellery was kept. She showed the thali to the Goddess and asked for her blessings so that not this colors but for all the vibrant colors to be back in Suman's life. Then she gave the thali to Suman

" Suman from today evening let the color of death go from your life and may this colors bring new hope, new aspirations in your life "

Suman took the thali and took both Maheswari's and Rajasekhar's blessings. She went to Sreedhar.

" I have got something for you" she told

" What Sumanji" he asked

She took a hanky in which it was intricately embroidered " Thank You ". He smiled

" This was what you were doing yesterday night " asked Renu

" She was up yesterday night" asked Maheswari

" Yes Maa I saw her doing embroidery when I came to take water at night. She was sitting at the dining table and doing it "

Maheswari took the hanky. The embroidery was beautifully done in green and red threads on a light yellow plain cloth. " Keep it Sreedhar. She has put so much effort to make it " told Maheswari as each one of them took turns to look at the hanky. When he got it back Sreedhar was trying to see whether it was just " Thank You " written in it. As he was trying to check turning the hanky back and forth they heard a commotion at the door.

As Suman turned 2 girls came running " Suman Mausi".

" Ramya, Reshma, your Maa has come " Suman hugged the girls and saw her sister standing at the door.

" Maa this is Devika didi my eldest sister and her 2 daughters" told Suman

Maheswari, Renu and Vindhya went to receive her, while Nami tried to squeeze in between Ramya and Reshma.

" Welcome Devika Bhavaniji didn't come"

" No aunty. Actually Bhavani Chachi couldn't come as Chachu is unwell. So she asked me to come "

" No problem, come. Sreedhar take luggage from the car and keep in your room "

" Maa no need, didi can come to my room " told Suman

" Suman Devika is our guest. If she was accompanied by anyone of your brother or her husband I would have made provisions in the outhouse as I am not going to send her back today as it will be late. I cannot send her and the kids alone to out house. I will speak to Bhavaniji that I am not sending her and kids back today. Sreedhar can either stay in outhouse or with Aakash and Adwaith in their room"

Vindhya looked at Nami " Nami, those didi's are seeing their mausi once in a while right, you see your chachi everyday. Come here" Nami let go of Suman reluctantly.

As Devika sat in the drawing room with her children, Suman excused herself telling she will keep the saree and jewellery and come back.

Once outside Sreedhar took the hanky and started looking at it once again. Finally when he kept it slanted and followed the red thread he saw the real message " I love you " weaved into Thank you. He smiled. He knew it.

Afternoon went faster with lunch and Suman spent talking with Devika Didi. She asked how are they and Devika told her how could they be. She said she was worried for Ramya. Ramya was now 14 and she didn't know what her brother's were planning for her. At this point both the girls went to government school.

" Suman I don't want to get Ramya married at 15 or 16. But I don't know Suman what to do. I wish I get some work. You know right I am matriculation pass and my Papa did send me to attend that short hand course to show off that Mahila Pradhan lady that our family is progressive. I have passed lower and higher in short hand. But then it has been the same slavery" told Devika

" Didi don't worry. Something we will see. Ramya and Reshma will be educated and not married just like that"

Just then Maheswari called Suman and asked her to dress up as it is time for going to temple. Suman asked Devika also to dress up as she went to her room.

Suman started wearing the saree. As she draped the saree memories came flowing in

" Sreedhar you are too possessive, I will be getting ready in a ladies room and the girls will see me. It is idiotic to tell you should be the first one to see me with Solah Sringaar"

They were in the dance practice hall and their group has left after practice. Only Sreedhar and Suman were there.

" I don't know how you are going to manage it. But I want to see you first with Solah Sringaar"

" Get lost. I do not have time to indulge you and your crazy ideas " she started walking, only to be pulled back in his arms. She looked into his mesmerizing eyes as he held her cheek " I really want to see you first Sumi" he whispered " Fine I will find someway, now leave me, it is getting late for hostel " told Suman as Sreedhar gently left her.

Now Suman was wearing her jewellery. As she finished putting it and took the kajal to keep bindi she smiled.

"Suman where are you going. You have not yet kept the bindi and where is your chain" asked one of her friends.

" Girls Sreedhar have asked me to come for taking the slot. I will go and come fast" told Suman as she stepped out of the green room. She knew Sreedhar would have taken the slot and would be waiting under the banyan tree along the side of the campus. She reached the spot, but didn't see him. It was getting a bit dark, she became apphrehensive and decided to walk back. Maybe he changed the plan. As she turned, she was pulled back towards the back of the banyan tree. He stood there and gazed at her.

She showed the bindi which she has stuck in her arm and the chain in her hand. " Bindi and Chain I have not put, put them on me and complete my sringaar"

He took the bindi and put on her forehead and then took the chain and put it in her neck and then adjusted her pallu on her head. They fell into a close hug " Sumi you are looking beautiful " . " The glow is your love Sreedhar"

Suman looked herself into the mirror. She was glowing. She adjusted her pallu on her head. Will he be there under the lampshade. Would he have managed to escaped everyone's eyes. Whatever she decided to go to the balcony.

As she stepped into the balcony she saw him, the eyes eagerly looking at the balcony. He smiled as he saw her. She was smiling as he gazed her top to bottom taking in everything of her. The saree suited her and the jewellery they added to her charm and the bindi, it completed her. She indicated she will have to go and he nodded.

As Suman stood dressed at the top of the stairs there was not an eye that didn't look at her. She looked so different. The girl with blank eyes was not there. This girl was smiling and glowing too.

" Chachi you are looking so beautiful " Nami rounded off everyone's feelings as Suman came down and touched Maheswari's feet. Maheswari blessed her.